GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I wonder if you were an average viewer, who is not clued into the changes in writing staff, would you still notice a change?

I assume you'd recognize a sudden realignment of the relationships.  But, it is a mystery if the typical GH fan could detect a change in the quality of dialogue, pace, or planning?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'd notice, because I've noticed it even when D&C were there. I thought they were at times an improvement on Passanante's regime. They had some good stuff last year, especially with the vets reacting to Ryan's death.

I am wondering if this is going to lead to them hooking up after all. They do have manic chemistry, and they are already playing Nina more broad and arch again (as she should be).

• Members
Posted (edited)

Laura Vinning first arrived on the scene in 1975 played by Stacey Baldwin

Lesley's then Husband Cameron Falkner grew jealous of Laura and paid her adoptive Dad, Jason to take her away. 

Lesley found out, Cam raped her and he died in a car crash while Lesley was driving

Rick Webber (Then Michael Gregory) who arrived in 1976 helped Lesley find Laura (now Genie Francis) who was taken into a cult ran by Buck. They brought Laura back to PC and Rick raised her like his daughter when Laura was just 15

e3bf172ee6fe071b27c5700388c44484.jpg

Edited by John

• Members

The facts and opinions about the relationship seem to be obscuring my point.

I was simply remarking upon that it was startling to me to hear Laura reference the dwindling number of Webers in her scene with Heather, and wondered if others had the same reaction.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I would rather have seen Scotty in those scenes with Heather, not Laura; he has a more intimate history with her.

And I think they should concentrate more on making Lois more of a normal person than Heather. It's like Lois has been in suspended animation for 30 years. Maybe ground Lois in reality a little more, have her show real emotion, maybe even have her express regret and disappointment at how her life turned out or something.

Edited by Jdee43

• Members

What should Lois regret? She is a successful talent agent and music producer who has done very well for herself worldwide.

And a little Scott goes a long way for me these days. I love him, but the last thing I need is Kin and Alley Mills hamboning it up together.

• Members

We haven't seen much of Scott for awhile. I expect that to continue.

I hear we're going to see less of Cyrus, which I can only applaud!

Also hear seeing more of Blaze & more of Heather, both things seem predictable just from watching the show. 

If you ask me, Lois is grounded. It's her reality, but she owns it. 

I gave yesterday an 8 out of 10. 

Will not be surprised if we also see less of this particular version of Lucy. I think we're seeing them edge her out. They made her so obnoxious that I feel we need a break from her. 

• Members

Yeah, I am a few days behind and have to catch up, but I don't get the sense Lois should or does regret anything in her life.  I do see the point @Jdee43 is making about her seemingly suspended in animation for 30 years like she can just jump right back into PC as if she hasn't lived an entire life outside these characters all these years, but I don't think she is a caricature or anything.   Lois is a character grounded in reality, more than most.  She's just a bit quirky in her style.  

100% agree about Kin.  Once a month is more than enough of Scott for me.

• Members

Are they benching Cyrus, Scott & Lucy. I could less of them at this point But FV loves vets so I dont seem him phasing them out (Scott, Lucy)

I am not liking Lucy right now either