GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I didn't get the impression they were changing their status at all! Just that they won't be played as many days for awhile. Could be part of the new writing plans. Not sure. 

Yeah, this is not Lucy, the great girl with the duck, no, this is obnoxious Lucy. But I'm sure that Lynn & Kin's jobs are secure. No idea about Jeff Kober. Just seeing less of him is all I know.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I prefer the real Lucy any day to a watered down version. Even Duck Lucy had an edge as she was exploring being less selfish. See all her interactions with Katherine Bell, Bobbie post Damian reveal, Damian himself, and her at times antagonistic relationship with the Q’s about her ELQ stock. Plus her competitiveness about Deception is truly in character.

And I like Sasha, but she could go any day and I would not think about her again due to terrible writing from day 1. What did Lucy say that was so awful? They asked her to speak her mind when she was trying to be diplomatic, then got pissed that she told the truth about Sasha’s Mime photo shoot.

The truth is that a company like Deception would not have a single model for their brand, and certainly not such a bland one. Maxie, Cody, and Brook Lynn overreacted! And if Cody doesn’t want to be the resident himbo what are we doing here? Once upon a time a character like that would be surrounded by hay and shirtless working in the stables.

The number one thing that this show needs is some heat. We can have plenty of sweet, romantic love that is sexy. They also need something illicit and seedy too. It’s all still bland. Deception is a perfect place to bring this out- even the name is sexy.

Romance had been a huge genre once again in books thanks to book tok, and every tv show that leans into it. If these soaps got some consistent romances cooking again, especially the yearning aspect, the audience is there.

About the Webber conversation- I can see at her core if Laura doesn’t feel like calling herself a Spencer, it would be Webber. She loved Rick enough that even without seeing him in years she went into a catatonic state just thinking she killed him. And if you told me Heather still kissed a photo of Jeff at night I would absolutely buy that.

• Members

My dislike of this Lucy was not formed from yesterday. It goes back for months now. The Lucy I like is certainly no shy, retiring maiden. But, she also wasn't some monotonous, whining, madly gesturing, harsh, negative & over the top, narcissist. Ever since they began to write her reaction to the Deception lawsuit, she has been too much for me. In general, I love Lucy but I don't like her lately. I have no idea how the new writers plan to deal with Deception but Lucy is no longer the big boss in command. But, she still acts like she is. And, it's just not working. Jane Elliot typically elevates every scene she's in but with Lucy it doesn't work, not at all. So, it's boring. When ideally Lucy would be a perfect verbal foil for Tracy but that is not what happens. I have never before applied "STFU" to Lucy & now I do, all the time. If others aren't bothered, I understand. 

• Members

I agree. And that goes back to what I said a few (okay, looks like a lot) of pages back. What I liked was that the new teens/tweens before the official new writing team came on board, they were being shown gradually...which is the way to introduce them again. Especially since they have been very scattershoted in showing them over the last few years. Like Rocco who I had completely forgot back. It was clear the writers wanted us to get used to seeing them again. Nothing heavy. Just a sense of all of their characteristics/personalities. Which I liked. Just brief/silly scenes. And then from there, the writers could throw them into either stories for their characters or something heavier. But yeah going through the new week so far, they might be playing them TOO heavy because they are not ready. Yet. And that is the wrong way to go...though I at least understand having Danny and Jake with the major stories. 

I actually wonder about this re: Eden. To be honest. Why? Because I don't think the writing for Joss changed when the temp recast was airing, but I did not find that actress at all annoying. Maybe once. And I believe the temp recast aired fairly often. And as soon as Eden got back, she became annoying two episodes in. So is it JUST the writing or how the actresses chose to play what was written?

Yeah, Tabyana ain't green. If anything she's been shown infrequently within her own story so she is probably having a hard time centering it in the overall picture of what's going on in the show. 

• Members

Not giving Heather a pass on anything but Jeff, Joe Kelly and Scott all used her and treated her poorly

Jeff Cheated, Joe Kelly used her cause he thought she killed Diana and Scott saw her as a way in to get Jason's money and none of them took any responsibility in their parts in this

I do feel RE Joss its all about How Eden choses to play scenes

As for Trina, at first I thought GH was waiting for nAC to come back to use her more and was banking her guarantees but Spencer aint back yet and I am glad they are starting to use her more

Not mad at seeing Cyrus less or even Martin HOWEVER given they are Laura's family, I hope they continue to recur.

• Members

D&C simply could not think of a way to use Trina. When I heard this, it shocked me. I'm past that now. D&C possibly shouldn't have been in the position they were in. They were in it too long. Finally they're not. 

It's a good thought. Maybe Cyrus won't be so bad in smaller doses. And, I honestly wish Laura had more family, not less. 

So, last week some of us said we wanted a scene between Aidan & Jake. 

Spoiler

Next week we're getting that scene between Aidan & Jake. 

WT'heck is going on? 

• Members
Posted (edited)

"I alluded to it before, but the actress that plays Molly is the spitting image of Mary Beth Barone, a hilarious comedian who gets a lot of traction on TikTok. I can't stand the actress though so I say after Alexis gets her lawyer license back, kill Molly off and have TJ vs. Kristina in a custody suit, which leads Alexis to potentially face her sobriety and loss of her license (she wouldn't) again.

Kristen Vaganos IMHO is the best Molly today, is not horrible, doing great.   

"Are they benching Cyrus, Scott & Lucy. I could less of them at this point But FV loves vets so I dont seem him phasing them out (Scott, Lucy)

I am not liking Lucy right now either"

Definitely DO NOT want GH to axe Kin Shriner (Scott) or Lynn Herring (Lucy),  they should be given much more airtime and maybe back to contract, along with Jon Lindstrom (Kevin).   Also bring on Serena, Lucy & Kevin's daughter Christina (cally her Chris, Kristy or Tina), and maybe a back from the dead Karen, who should've NEVER been killed off.  It does appear that PM & EK may be keeping Cyrus redeemed, unlike the prior writers who seemed to be undoing the redemption.  With the current writing of Cyrus, I'd be ok keeping him around.  I'd also like Michael E. Knight (Martin) to be given more to do, and maybe a contract. 

I'd keep all the teens, but would axe Violet, and her dad Finn.  

Edited by David_Vickers

• Members
Posted (edited)

Didn't it turn out that it was Scott who killed Rick? How is it that Laura still has anything to do with Scott after that? Or that Scott never paid for his crime?  It was such a stupid twist, for a C-level story that the show didn't seem that much invested in, that I guess it's not surprising that everyone acts like that never happened.  

Edited by Jdee43

• Members
Posted (edited)

No idea who said that 

Please register in order to view this content

I love FinalMolly & think she is doing a great job. 

Not getting the axe! I feel bad that what I said is getting misconstrued. Basically, there is no axe. 

I agree with you about Violet & Finn. They live rent-free on my personal cut list. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
combine 2 posts

• Members
Posted (edited)

He also tried to get Lulu the chair over Logan's death.

Laura has been way too permissive with Scott for decades. Any time he does some insane shît she sighs and just says 'oh, Scotty.' I get that she left you for Luke but it's enough. The fact that RC re-introduced her in 2013 with a cheap stunt where she and Scott had somehow began romancing again offscreen in Paris after all the above had happened, and were engaged - and got married again for about 3 minutes, with Laura looking like she was headed for a firing squad - was so ludicrous. It was a weak, transparent attempt to try to rev up the L&L triangle again in the dumbest way possible and it makes no sense she'd ever be with him again. We didn't even really see any of their instant marriage/divorce onscreen that year either.

Edited by Vee

• Members

At the time it was pretty major. It gave Lulu a mission to clear her mother’s name, and removed the stain of Laura having killed Rick. But it should not have been Scotty. Really the whole thing should not have happened.

I would kill for Scotty to do something awful and have Laura rip him to shreds. He is well past the shelf life of being a jerk because she broke his heart. And I like scoundrel Scotty, I just think she should call him out.

The audience and Laura missed out on so much important storytelling when Laura was recovering. I think it would have been meaningful to watch Laura pick up the pieces of her life and rebuild her mental health. We saw all her breakdowns and traumas. It was a real missed opportunity.

• Members

I just think it took a very long time to see a Laura who is as strong and confident as she came off in that 2008 stint again. She does pretty well these days but she really gave people the business in that short run after the rather degrading (IMO) turn of the delusional woman who was too sick to be told the truth during the pity wedding in '06. It was clear her '08 run was a reaction to that writing and likely requested by Genie (who I believe also talked about being more confident in herself, having lost a lot of weight).

And yes, Laura needs to tear Scott up just once. I could not believe he kept trying to remind her of when they went to Hollywood or whatever as late as '08 or '13. They were teenagers. Move on.

• Members

3-22

Well...

Team Lucy. Even if it is putting her in BLQ's hands to get the company out of Tracy's hands, Lucy was doing nothing, but telling the truth. As a reality star once said...this is not American's Next Best Friend. Deception is a BUSINESS. And the person mostly responsible for that has always been Lucy so of course, she will be professionally over her own feelings. And the audience has been aware of how Lucy sees Sasha as a daughter at times so I'm sure it hurt (and LH showed it), BUT...BUSINESS. 

Awww at the Laura/Heather scenes this week. I love them tapping into that history...history that I didn't even know they had. That's how you mind history while going forward in another direction.

And just when Jason Return storyline was basically C plot for the week, it gets the Friday cliffhanger. And Diane with the phone call and not being surprised when Jason got ahold of her...PRICELESS. And he could tell her everything about what's going on with John and she can't say a thing. So hopefully we are about to get some answers.

I still feel it's a thin line between love and hate and Drew is going to wind up bedding Nina in a fit of hate sex. But...we'll see. 

I thought it was a good week and it feels like the rhythm has been found. Can't wait until next week. 

I love me some scoundrel Scotty, too. 

I agree. It would be nice to have seen Laura trying to pick up the pieces. But alas. It's like Carly over this past year or so since the end of Nixon Falls and her marriage to Sonny. Outside of the Florida remote and her relationship with Drew, it was nice to see her pick up the pieces after losing everything to Nina and growing...not only into herself, but into taking up the name Spencer. I actually found that resonating though mind you I am not a fan of Carly's. 

Exactly!