GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members
Posted (edited)

On the Classic GH thread, I did the math and Jason has killed at least 30 characters in the past twenty-two years.  So, it is not even an issue of Carly trying to protect Joss from knowing about Jason's checkered past.  Because in any other town in America, if someone killed over 30 people, they'd talk about it everywhere, from the newspaper to the history books.  By contrast, Sonny has directly shot and killed 10 people and Ryan Chamberlain killed 15.

Edited by j swift

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

There was a time I wanted Jason to get his Quartermaine memories back and be conflicted. I have accepted that is unlikely to happen. I do want his sons Danny and Jake to connect with the Quartermaine family, change their last name to Quartermaine and have a complicated rivalry with each other.  As long as they are not written as the purely good brother and purely bad brother.  

• Members
Posted (edited)

Jason could get his memories back and still be pretty much the same character he is now. It would just open up a little more drama, conflict, and pay homage to the history of the show, where he can refer to his first five years on it. But he can still choose to be whatever he is now. 

Edited by Jdee43

• Members

There's no point even in wishing Jason would get his memories back.  Like @Vee said, all Steve Burton wants to do is show up on set, wear the same outfit in every scene, shoot guns at people and go home.  He doesn't even want to do love scenes or even take his shirt off, because he's afraid Jesus will send him screaming into the pits of Hell. (Plus, it would mean having to say "no" to another piece of pie, and we KNOW how much Steve loves his pie, current health-and-wellness kick be damned).  The guy is lazy af, and his laziness ties every HW's hands, but what are ya gonna do?  It is what it is.

That's why it's hard for me to jump back into GH, even with Patrick Mulcahey back and HW'ing, because I know already what to expect: Steve won't let Jason get his memories back; Maurice won't let Sonny leave the mob; and Frank and/or ABCD won't let them be held accountable for their actions or even let anyone get the better of Jason OR Sonny (or their associates), because Jason and Sonny have to be the heroes at all times, even though they're sociopaths who don't deserve our empathy or all that airtime.  I mean, it might be 2024, and the rest of the world might be living in a polarized, post-#MeToo/BLM society where just about everyone is being made to account for their bullshit; but in Port Charles, it's still 1999, and mobsters and hitmen are still the hottest things going.

• Members

The idea that you have your soap fan priorities in order about Sexy Dexy pleases me no end!!! 

Yabbut, there's something different about Burton this time at bat. He's more there. There is more emoting. You can see in his face & hear in his voice. My interpretation is that he is actually "bringing it" every day. IOW, it is more than just the minimum daily required "acting". He is really acting. And, of course, it shows like crazy because there is more energy behind it than I personally have seen in YEARS! Mightily enjoyed his scenes with Danny, with Michael of course, with Carly the one day & with Willow bossing him. 

• Members

Evan Hofer, this hot young guy, I just bet he'd do any ole thing they asked him to do. These folks who do want this & don't want that, they are no longer young & hungry. Although I'm not saying all vets are like that. Cause they're not! Look at Jane Elliot. They are using her in different lanes now every single day. And she shines!