GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Things we learned today: 

Dex is safe. They're keeping his character. 

Joss was more naive & sheltered than many of us realized. Her thing of being anti-Sonny didn't really involve the mob but was just plain anti-Sonny. When her father Jax would go on & on about his daughter living in danger & under guard, she really didn't get it. 

BLQ is Presumptive Team Jason. More than that though she is Team Q & Tracy's Grandbaby with her traits & ways of thinking. She really let Special Agent IAmJohn have it. 

Willow has taken another step in helping Jason because somehow she appropriated a bottle of antibiotic.  

Only Day 3 of PM/Korte but longer scenes, better flow, more complex dialogue, things are said with intent & purpose specific to the characters & to situations, people aren't staying in their same lanes but moving in & out of lanes, characters interacting with people they usually have not, ... 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Good episode today, lots of parent child relationships at play this is the kind of exploration I like to see on my soaps

I couldn’t believe Dex snitched on Sonny like that 

Please register in order to view this content

Finola Hughes once again doing A caliber work even with a scene partner not up to par. Curious where things go with both characters seemingly done with protecting Sonny even though Anna didn’t even bother to take the statement

Josslyn and Carly’s scenes were great. Its interesting seeing Carly have to explain her blind loyalty to Jason and Sonny despite their crimes and her kid not just excusing it

Love the current dynamic of Kristina and Sonny. Nice to see him support her with Eva La Rue

Jason having zero connections with his sons is actually kind of sad but its cool to see him bond with Danny in real time. Loved Brook Lynn going after Jagger for questioning Danny

Love the current dynamic of Kristina and Sonny. Nice to see him support her with Eva La Rue

Elizabeth and Aidan’s scenes were pretty good as well.

Edited by detroitpiston

• Members
Posted (edited)

I agree with everybody who said that the dialogue and the scenes in general do seem to have improved  lately, but I still don’t know about some of these story choices.

I wish we would have seen Jake and Aiden’s argument rather than just hearing about it.  And I would definitely much rather have seen that than Joss crying and moaning for the umpteenth time. I glad she’s hurting right now. She totally deserves it #Karma

Btw, Laura Wright acts circles around Eden McCoy.

As for John/Jagger, when it comes to biased prop writing, are they trying to top the ‘Nina tipped off the SEC’ crap with his story arc? 

And yeah, maybe it’s time to introduce Tobias. That would be something new for a teen romance soap storyline #Taiden

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members
Posted (edited)

Carly: "I thought you knew?"

Joss: "Yeah, but I thought you guys were kidding before?"

Carly: "Oh, yeah.  That's exactly the kind of family we are.  The kind that jokes about working in organized crime on a regular basis.  Seriously, daughter, where did I go wrong with you?"

Edited by Khan

• Members

They know this. They are showing Joss as the true hypocrite she is.

Joss has been a hypocrite for a while now. Its not like she didnt know Sonny ran a MOB and Jason as enforcer killed for him. What did she expect Dex as his new enforcer was gonna do, pour coffee?

• Members

I doubt they'd do two gay storylines at the same time. I wish they'd do both because the Kristina/Blaze story does nothing for me. I don't care for the pairing and either actress in their roles. It's nice to have EL but that's about it. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I believe they are telling us that Joss believed in a fairy tale version where, sure, there were times when they had to kill but it was only bad people on the attack. She even pointed out that it was an old man in a hospital bed. 

How can you not?!! They are so adorable?!! Oh, well, can't win them all. 

Me, I had the opposite reaction to Sexy Dexy yesterday. I had previously had him on my list as in danger of being cut & then after their use of him yesterday, decided, no, that he was actually safe, that they had a use for him. I guess we'll see. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more

• Members

I wish to high heaven that they would get rid of Dex. He is awful. I can't stand his style of anything. What tf is different about him lately? It's not just his hair. What is it? Eyebrows? Filler?

They had a great opportunity to get rid of him with this storyline. Now he's blabbing to Anna. WTF. That is such a wussy way out. And he's STILL standing around with his mouth hanging open ALL the time. Close your mouth Dex! And don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. 

The only reason I think they might make him Jason's son is only as an excuse to keep him around. He's not only a wuss, but he's now narced off Sonny to the authorities. How will he come back from that since Joss has dumped him? So sick of Dex.

• Members

I think that's something they're warming up too; we need to see Aiden a bit more before Tobias is introduced, but I have a feeling it'll bud into a summer romance that could face some problems by fall when school picks back up again.

• Members

This Jason's son nonsense people online come up with is as fake as "street kid Dev is Brenda's son". I suspect he may well be out soon, and he should be. He's a wuss but he was right to drop a dime on Sonny.

• Members

Fake as it may be, there are not many other ways to keep Dex relevant now that he's done the ultimate snitch on Sonny. I don't care if Joss loves him or if she's pregnant. This Dex guy has been in Sonny's inner circle for a couple of years now. It was preposterous that Dex earned Sonny's trust in any way since he's been brought in as a friend of the manager of the boxing ring (or whatever) by Michael.

I'm just waiting for word that this Dex schlup is gone for good.

• Members

I hope they continue to do that, because the propping has been beyond sick. 

Didn’t his whole family get killed off in a hurricane or something?

Then again, the way they rewrite things on GH now, it could happen. It would be pretty good, regardless. 

It would be nice to see though lol 

Plus, it would be something different, which is always good for soaps. 

Exactly.

That could be so good.