GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I love Robert but I think that Tristan Rodgers should retire from acting. I would have Holly return, and then Robert and Holly ride off into the sunset together. I would then make Alexis the new DA.

• Members

For me, I would only reunite Anna & Robert if both characters were leaving Port Charles. But, ultimately, I would prefer a reunion with Holly & Robert overall. In truth, the two Anna reunions I want are with Andre Maddox and/or David Hayward, or somehow one final resurrection of Duke Lavery. If I am being completely 100, I am not a fan of Robert in general.

• Members

Hey, we both like Robert and Olivia too.  Which will contradict my next point. I think Robert seems a bit old and curmudgeonly to be viable with anyone.   Anna and Laura just seem so much younger and vital.  Sorry Tristian!

That being said I don't understand the love for Holly/Robert over Robert/Anna.  I know I am wrong, but I honestly don't "get" Holly/Robert or Anna/Duke.

Idk, do we really think GH will end without Luke/Laura as a couple?  I know it doesn't make sense nor do I like the couple much, but I've always thought when the show goes off air, they will end up together.

• Members

Oh, I know everyone on this board including me agrees with you.  I just wonder if that's the perception of the entire GH audience and TPTB at GH.  The pairing still gets lengthy clip tributes even in the most recent primetime special.  Idk, it's part of the reason I don't invest in Kevin/Laura.  I just assume at some point they will convince TG to leave Amsterdam for a few minutes to reunite L&L.

• Members

From my POV, if Genie Francis has any say in it, I don't see them re-pairing them, even as endgame. She's pretty turned off by the pairing, both in terms of her treatment then, as well as the general idea of the couple given the circumstances of them being paired.

• Members

I think that Alexis will return to being a lawyer, because PM wants to write for (Santa Barbara's) Julia again.

Love seeing Laura as the mayor, she is involved in all this drama thanks to that. Perhaps recasting Kevin and giving the couple a more vibrant relationship is the answer? Although I hate it when soaps feel to pair their older veterans in a random way, just in order to give them something. 
BTW the name Laura Collins really annoys me, it sounds so wrong.

• Members

Smart man. I  loved Kevin and Lucy at one point, but she's better with Scott now. Kevin and Laura can be the matriarch and patriarch of the show with E&L gone

Tony is vehemently anti L&L there's no way it'd happen lol 

• Members
Posted (edited)

This IS predictably what will happen. So many people have said that Tony is not going to return. That he did not do so for the JZ Memorial should tell people something! He's happy in Amsterdam. He was miserable, at least at the end, at GH. And, it would be a big undertaking for a man in his late 70s to fly from there to here & set up at a hotel, etc. Luke is dead. Laura is not a Spencer. And, continuing, neither JJ nor Julie Berman can be convinced to return to the show ... Personally I wish someone could sell Frank on Martha Madison or Alexa Havins but Frank is stubborn when he digs his heels in. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella

• Members
Posted (edited)

LOL the actors can like whatever they want, doesn't mean it's not a boring pairing and can't be undone at a moment's notice. These shows are not a democracy, as they prove time and again. Just ask Ceara Connor on AMC.

As for L&L, it was Tony who vetoed reuniting them in more recent years. I doubt Genie would refuse to play it if it was put in front of her especially given her loaded comments at the time of Tony's exit (including in her farewell message to him), but unfortunately I don't think it will ever happen. So I choose to move on to something fresh, new and exciting for Laura. I love Kevin but that's not him for Laura and it never was. They were only put together because he was available on recurring and FV didn't want to hire anyone else for her.

I don't! I think it's ridiculous and shameful they unceremoniously killed Luke offscreen with zero impact, and ridiculous how they mishandled L&L before Tony left largely due to his own petulance. If they'd gone there as planned I would have been all for it, and I think it's a black mark on the show they didn't. And I'd argue most of the longtime audience will always be there for Luke and Laura despite understandable misgivings. A handful of dedicated Twitter people do not reflect reality, especially on a couple like that. If you go online you'd think Dex and Joss and Sonny and Nina are insanely popular with their 50-200 retweets lol.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I think Kevin and Laura are gonna stay together. Boring? maybe. but Laura deserves happiness after all the sh*t she was put through over the years. Genie deserves a pairing where the guy isn't going to sh*t on her and the pairing they were in