GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I'm in an optimistic mood today, so I will say that I look forward to the day when they SORAS Ace, and Laura and Kevin have to deal with the spawn of Esme and Nik.  It seems like Laura was missing from big chunks of Lucky and Lulu's life, so it will be fun to see her struggle with child-rearing at an advanced age.

Also, TIL that Jeff Kober aka Cyrus was once married to Kelly Cutrone of The City and Kell on Earth fame.

Edited by j swift

• Members
Posted (edited)

3-14

WAIT! WHAT???? Just when I was starting to feel that rushed feeling about Jason's return...we got THAT twist. Let me hit myself in the head because I really should have thought about that. And just ironically as I was sitting here watching Anna with Molly thinking how is the Jason/Dante stuff so weird to her given her history of being a double agent. It should be clear he might be. And that THAT happened? lol. But why would John be doing all this? So...intriguing still. I guess I'm happy that it was a quick gradual, but I liked it was gradual the town finding out that Jason's alive.

I liked how Danny has been roped into the whole Jason storyline. No wonder he got so much screentime before. Well-played. That said...I don't have access to DAYS and had only see pictures of SB's time over there. I always felt that tattoo was fake. But...it's REAL??? Lord Baby Jesus. That's all I'll say about that.

So happy to see these Lois/Sonny scenes. But as I've already said, I do like having Lois back and sticking around. At least until the wedding.

Also happy to see Blaze's mother still around as well. Let's see where that story goes.

Speaking of where stories are going...that Laura/Heather scene. I know it pre-dates my birth...but Laura and Heather were actually friends once? REALLY??? Why have the writers never tapped into that in all the Heather appearances over the last few years or so. I never knew.

Yes, I liked Ms. Wu sashaying into Curtis's bar. And giving Curtis the tea on the shooting. It's funny how that random shooting is turning into this big umbrella storyline. It's been a minute...perhaps Peter's last death?

Now I'm wondering if they are going to take Curtis's dad's storyline and give it a twist as well. 

ETA: I almost forgot. I had to hollered at the swiftness in which the writers broke up Drew and Carly. I know everyone take about how Drew get treated when Jason comes around. And I was sure he would get thrown under the bus again. But the fact Drew was dogging his own self off, but telling the truth about how they treat him when Jason is around so he cut the cord QUICK. I couldn't help but hollered. As if the writers read these pages. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

I admit that I like having Charlotte around because she gives Elizabeth's kids something to do. And I was liking her story under the scab writers. But with the new writers NOW here...well...is that Lulu on the phone???

Please register in order to view this content

I definitely would like to see more of Rocco for sure. Which again could include Charlotte, too.

We know I love all of Elizabeth's kids.

I would say in time. Something the writers apparently realized. And are doing the gradual (and old school to be blunt) thing...as they should if they want anyone to be interested in seeing teens. I don't expect big story...YET...it is not even summer hehe, but at least a presence enough that we as an audience get used to them. And THEN...story. Again...old school. Which of course was my point.

I agree about older teens as well. But again...in time. 

• Members

I never want to see Luke and Laura in a scene together ever again.  Ever. 

I like Laura with Kevin and I don't think they're boring at all. They feel real to me.

I don't think the adventure thing was the real Laura.  That was simply Laura-with-Luke.

I think Mayor Collins is the real Laura, and I stand by that.

My main objection the writing for Laura in the past year: how she was stupidly defending Esme.  Laura should be more savvy than that.

• Members

TBF, Laura still has her adventure moments and it still feels organic.

For example...her reintroduction per GF's schedule as a disguised nun (with Kevin as back-up which I thought was cute and ties into Laura's adventure past) to save Valentin from Victor's Charlotte trip. 

• Members

Thank you!  And wouldn't you know, on the very same day I made that comment, guess who's playing husband and wife on a "Murder, She Wrote" rerun?  Yep, Dean Butler and Genie Francis.  (I totally forgot about that episode, lol.)

Me neither.

• Members

Kevin, the black whisperer, is a nice steady presence and I like that Laura is the lead in that relationship (seriously it's so rare on this show for the woman to be the driving force of story in a relationship) so I've accepted that they're in it for the long haul.

I think it's definitely the most effective use of her, especially when she doesn't have any of her children on canvas. Typically without much family around you get placed on the backburner but as mayor Laura gets to consistently be part of the action without having to be in constant personal crises.

• Members

Don’t worry, Dex. You can do so much better than that subhuman skank

Please register in order to view this content

Idk about this storyline. Joss always knew what life Dex was a part of. Had to have known that Sonny could’ve asked him to kill someone at any time. Plus, she’s been an obsessive psychopath over him ever since she’s known him. Trying to kill Cyrus is the straw that breaks the camels back?? Please 

She’s insane. And I hope she’s hurting right now because she totally deserves it