GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Fair enough.  If someone asked me what Nina was doing this last decade on the show I could probably narrow down the people she dated and that's it.  I couldn't really tell you a story she was involved in besides finding her lost babies and the Nixon Falls stuff.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have talked about it before a bit, but I would create a suave WSB agent related to the Wards to come to town and romance Laura.

Entirely possible.

Anything after Stafford's first year is a bland blur.

• Members
Posted (edited)

One other thing from this week - Sam and Carly work better as adversaries. I never needed them to “mature” and become friends. That never made any sense to me, even if they both shared a common grief in Jason. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

I think Nina's is wealthy, but I think Sonny is really wealthy.  He owns an island and has given millions to the hospital, so that makes me think he's got a lot of money.  At the same time I don't think Nina needs any of Sonny's money 

I think I remember you talking about that before in regards to Laura.  I am down for it.

Stafford's first year is even a blur to me.  It all gets lost to me when we bring a Michael Easton character in, Nathan, Ava...........I can't believe MS was on the show for 5 years.  I would have told you a year or 2 tops lol.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Same. But yes, her first year-plus was stone cold psycho buffoonery. Culminating in some (but not all) of the material that helped get Ron fired, Stafford on her hands and knees howling away searching for an invisible baby as evil Ric tricks her with a sound FX app on his phone labeled 'Waahh!'

Edited by Vee

• Members

Lol  This is the first time I have even heard she was involved with Ric.  Ric was still around 10 years ago?  I clearly know nothing about Nina, but I can't say I was very interested in GH during that period.  It was mostly on in the background due to habit, not because I was concentrating on it.

• Members
Posted (edited)

That was Ric's last stint, I think. He was on the outs with Liz again and managed to trick Nina into marrying him so he could get her money, then began gaslighting her. I think she met and married him within a matter of like a couple weeks lol. Only heroic Franco could save her! (This was also the period with the live episode which led to Nina and Ric's wedding, with Nicolas Bechtel just clowning around at the end on the sets for Uncle Frank.)

Allegedly, Ron's original plan was to murder Ric as part of this story. The network vetoed it after firing him and made them sub in, you guessed it, Silas Clay in Ric's place.

That period in the first 8 months or so of 2015 was truly bugshit terrible, from Aunt Denise to Franco and Nina to Fluke and on and on. It's no wonder they fired RC but it was compulsively watchable because it was so bad.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Thanks!

I have a much clearer memory of the Fluke stuff, but I do remember having a really hard time getting through episodes because I was just so annoyed by RC.   The Connie stuff really turned me off the show for a long time.

• Members

John Lindstrom told Michael Fairman this week that he never wants Kevin to break up with Laura. He opposes Kevin being with Lucy. He supports Laura and Kevin adopting Baby Ace. He also thinks that Esme is still alive, and Fairman agrees.

I think that Scott should be with Lucy. Laura should stay mayor forever.

• Members

Nah, there's much too much scorched earth there to make another Scott/Laura pairing palatable to the audience.  Especially after we learned about Scotty's role in the Theresa Carter madness.

Once upon a time, I hit upon the notion of Laura hooking up with Luke's old chum, Robert Scorpio.  It would have been one of those tales where the more the two fought their attraction, the more that attraction would have grown.  (Similarly, I wanted the show at least to chemistry-test Kin Shriner and Emma Samms, because something about pairing Scott with Holly seemed very intriguing to me.)

More recently, I thought it would've been interesting to see Laura actually finding love again with a Cassadine - Victor, to be exact.  But that would have been contingent upon 1) Charles Shaughnessy sticking around and 2) Victor not becoming, y'know, evil and stuff?

Nowadays, though, I just would like to see Laura paired with someone who's stable (so she can have the family and roots that she's always craved) and can make her laugh and support her whenever she encounters yet another crisis among her family, but someone who isn't dull the way Kevin tends to be whenever he isn't with Lucy.  Someone like...well, remember the guy who played Almanzo Wilder on "Little House on the Prairie"?  His name's escaping me at the moment, and I'm not saying I'd want him specifically, but that's the kind who I'm talking about.  (I also thought she'd have made a good on-screen partner with Billy Moses, but that would've meant pairing Jeff and Laura and I just don't wanna go there under any circumstances, lol).

But, in the end, I'm still the guy who wanted to bring on Justin Deas as Tracy's new love interest, so take everything I've just said with several grains of salt, lol.

It's been my experience as a lifelong soaps fan that a character who is created specifically for a particular actor hardly ever works once that character has been recast.  CW should be commended for giving her all to Nina, but truth be told, Nina bears too much of Michelle Stafford's imprint to work as a viable, long-term, "actor-proof" character - and I say that as one who generally doesn't care for Stafford.

• Members

I can understand the impulse, but Laura deserves a new man all her own AFAIC. And I'd still reunite Robert and Anna, but everyone on Earth except me and caroline want Robert and Holly back together including the actors.