General Hospital: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
  • Honestly, I would cut Willow, but I do like the character of Sasha.  We do need characters that are not biologically related to the main families, so I'd be fine with her staying... but they need to re-tool the character a bit.  But Willow can wilt.
  • Kathleen Gati has already confirmed on social media she has not been contacted to film for a bit.  She likely was not included in mass-written material.  I'm okay with Nina staying, but they've got to stop making her out to be the villain when she is not.
  • I'm all for Hayden returning for two-weeks to usher Finn & Violet out of town with her and Gregory dying out.  But, for me, Chase can stay.
  • There was zero need for Drew Cain to return or for the role of Austin Gatlin-Holt to be created.  At all.  So yeah, NO!  But yes, Dillon should return.  Skye can return, too.
  • I'm indifferent to Molly at this point.  I honestly did not like Haley Pullos in the role and found her grating.
  • Maxie is fine staying... but she needs to be dressed and written in-character again.  It's time.
  • Jeff & Carolyn are barely on, if at all, so cutting them does nothing for me.  And Heather, too, is too absent to actually make a difference for me, as well.
  • Spencer will probably exit soon.  I'm disappointed the Aidan storyline was nixed, and now he just bakes (occasionally).  Danny & Jake also would have been a good teen pairing.

The cuts I would make, myself:

• Marshall: There is zero reason for Marshall to be on-canvas.  Hat Daddy does not work.  He came in into town and visit during holidays, but that's it.  No more than that.
  • Esme: The character is D.O.A.  She's run her time, and she can exit stage left when Spencer is ultimately written out.
  • Curtis:  Character has worn out its welcome.  I'd much rather see Taggert be given the time of day Curtis has.  Give The Savoy to someone else, and ditch town.
  • Gladys:  She was redeemed only to become more annoying than when she first came into Port Charles.  It's time she goes.
  • Spinelli:  It's time for this character to G-O GO!  The kitsch no longer works for me.  Have him reunite with Ellie is Seattle or wherever, and call it a day.
  • Diane:  Re-Hook her.  I said it.  Ric can return.

My other wishes would never happen, so I won't bother mentioning.

• Members

7-3

SCOTTY!!!! I was pleasantly surprised to see him.

Really, Gladys? This is how far we are going for Ms. Wu? Smh. Well, it's nice to see a darker turn for her that hopefully leads to her being written out. I actually feel sad for Sasha.

Speaking of caring, dare I say it...Cody has moved in and out enough in the storyline that I no longer feel like he is being shoved down my throat. And that, of course, means that I kinda care a little bit about his story now. And I care about Mac. That said, these writers really need to tighten up on storyline points. I was even wondering why Willow was STILL in bed when they gave her those cells ages ago. 

OOooooo so that was what you all were talking about with Esme/Spencer/Trina? Hmmmm...yeah, I don't like them bonding either over memories that she does not even remember (yet?). I did like how Sprina themselves continue to be their own worst enemy so really don't need an external drama...Portia aside btw. As expected, I knew Joss would open her big mouth and in the process Trina would get a clue about that evidence and Spencer still having it. Now they don't had their first fight before Date Number 1. Let's see how it goes.

Oh, Lord...not Cyrus again.

So Austin is just a plot device now? And not even Ava sleeping with him like the one and done he is (with comedy music, really?) is making him interesting to me. 

I don't mind it, but I feel like Lucy and Martin are now the couple that everyone runs to...which Orbecht and Scotty used to be for a good minute. 

Ned as Spoiler for Sonny/Nina? Uh...? 

• Members

Oooh...I saw that flash of chemistry between the actors playing Zeke & Anna.  They'd be a hot couple!

I love your ideas for Mac & Felicia @AMCHistoryGH always used to end the "Faces of the Heart" opening with them, so it would be fitting that they play those roles in that way for Port Charles into the future.  Glad they finally gave Mac a son with Cody!

Kudos to the writers finally acknowledged the loneliness Tracy should be feeling.  Her parents, siblings, children are all gone, but at least she's got Brook Lynn and whatever business plot she's scheming against Lucy!

• Members

7-9

First of all, YAASSSS, LIZ, YASSSS!!!! I've gotten so used to her being styled a specific way...even out of nurses' clothes, that it was refreshing to see her in something different. That sleeveless blouse thing was great and she looked breathtaking. I was like YOU GO, GIRL! I'm sorry it's for Finn, but she just looked GOOD.

I was sitting here and starting to think if there was anything (outside of Sprina) that I'm liking.

Honestly, I'm liking all the stuff with Portia/Curtis/Zeke/Jordan. Curtis since....oh, last week...has slooooowwwwwly had moments when the acting has not been meh. And Zeke is just FOINE. I know my opinion of this version of Jordan is different from everyone here, but perhaps if the actor has brought some energy out of the actor playing Curtis, he can do the same with Jordan. And...so far...he's not completely islanded yet so I'm interested. 

This conversation with Anna...who sounded like Anna versus Black Widow today...and Sonny was intrigued. Does that mean the writers are FINALLY looping back around to who is coming after Sonny this time per that Jennifer Smith's phone call from last year? I hope so. It's been going on for long enough methinks.

Awwww at Chase/BLQ getting along. But I've liked every moment this week where Chase got shirtless. But they also remind of something I like from time to time...a period (not short at that) of a couple being a HAPPY couple. Thanks to BLQ's intertwined with Tracy (smart move), there will be drama between them, but for now...they are good. And even outside of Tracy...the tension between Grandpa and Tracy can also be an area of conflict for them. Not to mention their general personalities. 

Speaking of Tracy...of course, I love anything involving Ms. Tracy Quartermaine!!!! And she has a lot going on. I'm intrigued to see what her endgame with Deception will be. And then she has to deal with Ned. And of course, she has that growing rivalry with Grandpa. Battle on, Lioness.

Other than check in with folk, I think that's really what is holding my attention at the moment.

PS. I find NuMolly's acting...uh...interesting. She definitely gives off a vibe to me like she sat down and studied HP's acting. But it's like maybe she crossed it over with a CW actress. So...it's odd to watch, but I can't look away either. Meanwhile, I'm actually getting quickly used to KM which surprises me...though I shouldn't be since I liked her Abby on DAYS. I still feel like everyone else they should not rush this surrogacy storyline until the audience is used to the audience is used to the recasts. Just so funny to see Molly and Kristina FINALLY getting storylines, but they are recasts. And like a few of you I would rather see Kristina more in Sonny's world which it appeared they were going there when Lexi was still there. 

• Members

Loved seeing her in a stylish outfit... just wish the top had been more blush than sherbert, or even the pink from her publicity shoot.  But she did look STUNNING!

Jane Elliot is the MVP whenever she is on; her reactions throughout the ENTIRE episode were spot-on and kept me looking in. And you can tell she is enjoying herself!

The problem I have is she's playing the role too seriously.  Haley Pullos always brought this youthful, perky essence to the work, and Mia Kriegel does not bring that.  And yes, I am disappointed Kristina isn't going more Corinthos than Davis... maybe once she's pregnant, it'll lean that way, and cause a conflict with Molly?  It also seems like they're pushing TJ into Kristina's orbit.  The reverse of the Abby/Chance/Devon storyline on the Young and the Restless?