General Hospital: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I like Ava and Austin together. I like Sasha and Cody together. I like Liz and Finn together. I like the Eddie Maine storyline. 

Gladys needs to go soon. If Sasha doesn't reject her then the other characters must make her go away.

Mason also needs to go soon. I think Ava and Austin will murder him and hide his body. This will draw out his employer.

I don't like Spencer and Trina. I would enjoy watching them break up.

• Members

Do we have any idea what the budget is like at GH these days? GH is currently pulling in GL Peapack numbers in terms of total viewers and less than half of the 18-49 numbers GL was pulling at the end. Obviously, 2023 is a completely different TV landscape and producing a soap in LA vs NYC has different expenses, but GH is still looking decent as far as sets and production. They also have quite a large cast. Any figures out there?

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Tracy, Martin, and Diane in full business attire at the pool. I feel like it would work if it was an outdoor beach club vibe with tables and a bar/cafe. People could be out and about or stepped away from the office, but otherwise it does look a bit silly with Martin lounging on a chair by a pool in a button down and pants. 

• Members

Isn’t it supposed to be a rooftop pool?  They never have it lit correctly for that vibe.

Part of the issue is the contract money is much, much smaller than it was back then.  I bet only a handful of GH stars have contracts that while larger than their peers they are still considerably smaller than they were under JFP. I bet Frank’s pets ME and RH make less than they did when they arrived at GH a decade ago.  Genie gets months off like Tony used to, although she had them over a barrel publicly so I bet she still has solid $.

Also Frank schedules things so tightly that they use sets that make no sense because they are up and the actors are there filming other scenes for the day.  People fully dressed at the pool for no reason. Sitting in the hospital with no dialogue explaining why they are at GH.

All the way back at OLTL Hillary B Smith talked about Valentini’s penchant for filming multiple episodes at the same time, and how she found it confusing and difficult to perform under. I’m sure it’s even tighter now.  Plus they go dark more often than they did back then, not as much as DAYS, but more than they did before Frank.

• Members

GH uses so many sets that I can forgive business attire at the hotel pool. They use most characters homes on a regular as opposed to everyone having intimate conversations in the Metro Court lobby or the park or Kelly's. That happens of course but with far less frequency than other soaps.