General Hospital: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Toups pinned this topic
  • Members

Cameron Mathison HAD cancer, but his recent weight loss, has me concerned that maybe it's come back and the actor just hasn't disclosed it.   I do think he is looking unhealthy.  I hope I'm wrong.  I do think Cameron worked as Drew at first, but either Cam or GH decided to have him be Ryan Lavery, and now I cannot stand him.  I wish for Billy Miller back to be honest.   There are too many holier-than-thou people on GH, Carly, Olivia (makes no sense in having Olivia who's known Sonny most of their lives, call Carly her best friend, and chose Carly for awhile even over Ned --- HER HUSBAND (who should've dropped her long ago, Lois please get Ned Back and GH axe Olivia!!), Michael, Wallow (Brainwashed by Carly and Michael LOL), Joss (somehow even more judgemental than Carly!), Diane (wish Esme or Heather had killed her), Drew, Finn, Gregory, and Chase, I think there are even more LOL. 

Edited by David_Vickers

• Members

Sonny advising Drew how to survive in prison was preposterous. Sonny has a panic attack any time he sees someone in an orange jumpsuit, he's hardly an expert on the subject.

Which may be why Drew made the type of mistake one could see from a mile away by taking anything from Cyrus (are there no surveillance cameras in this prison?).  And how does he not know Cyrus, who just terrorized Spencer a few months ago?  Also, did they need to write in the judge thing so we wouldn't question why a white collar criminal is in the same prison are murders and drug traffickers?  Because somehow Heather Webber's lounging in a country club jail as a serial killer, while Drew's doing hard time. 

Also, Carly lost 5 million dollars?  I wonder if they'll follow up on that detail, or just pretend like Carly's got good credit and move on.

Edited by j swift

• Members

#GH Mon. 7-3

Kind of funny having such a very long scene with Carly & Sam. The whole episode seemed long to me.

Gladys just barely made it through the cover story Miz Wu created. I did love Sasha, though, while Gladys was going on & on, interminably, her facial expressions were giving a Master Class!!

Drewfus, at Sonny's just to take a guitar to NEddie? Contrived scene. And why has Cam lost so much weight?!

Thank god, TJ has progress with Willow!

Since when is benzo a mild sedative?! I'm so tired of them doing things to poor Sasha. I don't watch soaps to see God cursing Job!

Pentonville & Cyrus, just creepy.

Not a great day. A'tall.

• Errol featured this topic
  • Members

You haven’t missed anything importance. Willow is still dying for god’s  sake.

And now they are destroying Trina and Spencer before they even got started. All in an effort to keep Esme around? Who is a far less interesting character now that she has amnesia. She’s not a good person or bad person, she’s just there. 

And let me not get started on demonizing Nina for turning in criminals. And all of the fun they have sucked out of Ned’s amnesia plot because every scene on this show has to be seeping with gravitas. Every single scene is treated is if you don’t watch the next one you will miss the biggest revelation in the history daytime. It’s an extremely annoying editing trick.

Ava and Austin slept together, which was a foregone conclusion as soon as they started sharing scenes together and they are NOT interesting! Austin is a non-character! Roger Howarth, god bless him, is trying to make something out of literally nothing. And you have poor Maura West giving 1000% to spinning wheels.

Gregory is probably one of the most insufferable characters I’ve ever seen. He claims to be a good person but is on the verge of cursing out Alexis or Tracy at all times. I really hate watching scenes with him and these women who I have loved watching for nearly 30 years get “put in their place” by this founding father. Get off the show and go to hell and take your boring sons with you. 

Speaking of one of his dull as dishwater children, how many more months do we have to suffer through Finn and Elizabeth having anti-chemistry? I hate to read too much into an actor’s performance but Rebecca Herbst looks like she’s in physical pain when she has to share scenes even hinting at a romance with this man. And Michael Easton‘s puppy dog thing is wholly unattractive, it just makes him look pathetic. This woman almost actively avoids you yet there you always are pleading with your eyes “do I still have a chance Lizzie?”.

I really did not expect to go on that rant but the show is an absolute mess right now.

Edited by Darn

• Members

Re-visiting the chemistry between Roger Howarth & Maura West, to me, is too little too late for me.  It's something they really should have tempted more of when Howarth was Franco.  At this point, they're re-doing what they did with Howarth & Laura Wright: re-testing chemistry with Howarth in another role.  And, much like Carly & Todd, this pairing simply does not work.  I will say: at least Howarth shows up with West (unlike her former co-star).  But, you have West, who EXUDES f**king chemistry with a damn set prop, and you just provide her with... Dr. G.H.?  No thank you.  Austin & Britt is what should have happened.  It was right there.

Can I be honest...?  I have not seen even one female co-star have chemistry with Michael Easton.  Not ONE.  In any role, in any soap.  The only ones close were Rebecca Budig & West, and that's because both put in the work to establish that.  It's clear, to me, Rebecca Herbst is checked TF out.  Know who I'd actually like to see chem-tested at some point?  Herbst & Josh Kelly.  Controversial, yes, but Kelly reminds me of Billy Miller's Jason, and I liked what they did temporarily have.  But TPTB really need to take the L with Easton as Finn, and cut their losses.  Have Budig reprise the role of Hayden for a limited-episode guest run, have Finn take Violet, and get TF out of town... after Daddy Chase dies, of course.  And by Daddy Chase, I mean Gregory Harrison (who should have been cast as Jeff Webber).

• Members

July 1st, 2022, a year ago, posts about that days' soaps just came up for me. Willow, I kid you not, it was the first time she fainted. A whole year's gone by with this atrociously done leukemia storyline. 

Everything they've done since Laura & Kevin left them alone in the apartment has just screamed wrong to me!

NEddie, I just don't think they've thought it out & I hate that plaid flannel shirt. And they must not be planning to bring Rena in because they didn't have her in the studio yet & they're off all month now. No Lois = mistake. 

About Gregory, Finn & Austin & Austin's awful cousin Mason, agree 100%. I want them off the show. I feel sorry for NLG, for Maura & most of all for Becky who has put up with this guy for 2 years.