General Hospital: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I guess Maxie's going to buy Carly's house, unless Diane throws her a lifeline, but hopefully that fails.  It'll be nice if they have Carly move into Bobbie's brownstone on Charles Street after they have Bobbie's funeral.

Please register in order to view this content

I can't imagine how that Deception litigation would would involve Carly, though.  Unless they're going back to the 2000s history of Deception when Carly & Laura somehow co-owned and co-ran Deception.  Remember when those 2 were feuding whether their girl Elizabeth or Gia should be the new Face of Deception?   I'm glad Deception's back in Lucy Coe's hands.  I'm surprised Scott no longer has a stake in it.  The 1990s use of Deception was the best with Julia, Lucy, Scott, Brenda and later Catherine Bell.

Seeing Mac & Felicia with their grandson today was so adorable.  That coupling is as cute & sweet as ever.  I love that (Tad) Martin has links to Pine Valley.  I hope they do have Erica Kane, Dixie Cooney and Brooke English show up as all 3 of his ex's.   Please, no Liza Colby or those Fusion hussies.

I co-sign the idea of testing Cody with Elizabeth!  They need to send Finn & Violet off into the sunset to go find Greenlee in Pine Valley or something and keep them from ever returning to Port Charles.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

#GH Wed. 7-5-23 Strike up the band! Today is truly a red letter day. Willow threw the baby step book out the window & took a huge running leap into the great unknown. Willow's about to go home - and we hope that doesn't take a month in real time - and she'll still be immuno-scared so she'll have bubble of people who can see her in person & she see them. Yes, you saw it coming, she has invited Nina to be in her bubble. However she laid down the law that Carly will be there too & now if not before when she asked, NO MORE FEUD!

PI Felicia (Hooray for that) discovered Marty makes a 50 thou deposit monthly from Pine Valley!

Lucy details a snake in their midst stealing information about the Deceptor.

Tracy wants to hire Diane to go after someone for stealing Deceptor the Idea!

Whattaday!

• Members

The highlights of the day. Mac and Felicia and their grandkid was very cute, though Maxie calling Mac is STUPID and needs to stop. He's spent more years in her life than either of her parents. And her kids call him grandpa!

It was nice to hear the words Pine Valley again but I know it's gonna be dumb so that takes the wind out of my sails.

You know the reception Tracy gets from everyone? That's the reception Carly should get. That's what she used to get when they understood her character even a little bit. Now she's still argumentative and unpleasant except the entire town has been browbeat into finding this endearing.

• Members

In a SOD article a few weeks back they had a performer from each soap detail a typical day. The GH actor (can't remember who) was the only one who talked about taping into the evening. 

The other shows were all done and dusted by the afternoon.

So GH somehow makes the longer working day economical.

• Members

Well, I also think General Hospital was shooting later lately to extend their episodes through July, given that they're dark this whole month.

I loved Felicia & Mac together, in their playful ways, with James!  And the Pine Valley mention was awesome.  Missed hearing those two words; hopefully, Mac remembers his visits to Pine Valley, and isn't mindless and goes, "Oh! I've heard of that place before. Never been!"

• Members

Maybe they bring back the original home Carly lived in with Jax and gifted to Carly?  Or they'll script Bobbie's death and Carly will sell the home to Maxie?  But I also don't see that home being a $5,000,000 home?  But, script-wise, it sounds like she's moving into another apartment set, which is likely going to be easier to construct than a home set.  I don't see Maxie living in Sonny's former home, either. 

I'm hopeful for an Anna & Jack interaction.... would it be too much to ask?  And for Jack to remark that her home looks strikingly familiar?

• Members

The arrival of David Hayward, with Project Orpheus, would be so friggin' welcomed. Along with these names: Dr. Sterling Robinson, Dr. Angie Hubbard, Dr. Cara Castillo and the widowed Dr. Jake Martin. And then, the return of Dr. Steven Lars Webber. Plus, Tom Hardy and Tom Hardy Jnr.

• Members

Off that list, I would only want David and a newly cast early 30’s Tom Hardy Jr.  Oh and a bonus of William Moses as Jeff Webber more permanently. Maybe recurring visits from Tom Hardy and Simone just to anchor Tom Jr a little (I’m fine with Matt Ashford and would love Laura Carrington or Stephanie Williams).

If we were truly dreaming, Patrick and Robin back too.  And Anna having to deal with real issues between David and Robin while all these doctors are vying for control of GH.

I would love to see Debbi Morgan playing any role of substance on daytime again, but I don’t think GH has a natural place for Angie and Jesse (I couldn’t break them up again), without the show dipping too far into being another show (like when the OLTL invasion happened). As much as I loved Todd, Blair, Tea, and enjoyed McBain on GH, it was too much. Add in Starr and Cole too for more yuck. I know most of those folks didn’t stay long, but the impact was huge.

David has a natural fit here- history with Anna, a doctor, and a history of antagonism which the hospital needs. David and Tracy plotting together just sounds fun.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

Yeah, I agree @titan1978, Jessie and Angie are a package deal, you absolutely can't break them up and they have to be a central couple on the show and as much as I hate basically all of the couples on this show you can't just bring them on as a tentpole couple. And it would be a disservice to them, the show and their legacy to do anything but.

Can you imagine AMC or OLTL bringing on Sonny and Carly or Jason and Sam and thrusting positioning them as central couples? Oh I would have been furious.

But man, imagine a soap on air with Debbie and Darnell still killing it...

@Liberty City I want David minus the back from the dead magic he had at the end there. I want him to come to town to work on a special case. Maybe Valentin needs a heart transplant so David and Anna are forced to interact. Valentin will, of course, fail to get this transplant and die so I never have to see him again.

David needs an adversary on the hospital staff and no, it can't be Finn or Austin unless his presence prompts the writers to give either of those losers a purpose beyond Easton and Howarth's mortgage payments. Portia is too ill-defined a character for me to imagine how she'd respond to him. And no, his adversary can't be one of the utterly boring Good Guys on this show like Drew or Dante or Curtis. They have to be a doctor and they have to have some UUMPH.

God, coming up with purpose for David on this is far more fun than talking about it.