General Hospital: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I do not disagree. Again, pure fantasy but there would need to be characters leaving.  And Finn, his dad, and Austin would all be early exits. It truly is not personal- I have liked both OLTL actors in other roles. But Finn and Austin do not work and they have tried so hard to prop them up.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

When the role of TJ was announced, I had some hope it would be Tommy Jnr, but it wasn't.  But it still is not too late for him to show up.  I'd love Tom and Simone on recurring/full-time, too.  I miss the Hardy representation, honestly.

I hate to say it... but that's due, in part, to Ron Carlivati playing favouritism to those characters he still wanted to write for. I just think there's opportunity more for Pine Valley residents in Pine Valley than there was for Llanview residents, especially given the Anna/Mac connection.  Jack coming in is opening the door, thankfully.

This alone proves the hospital staff needs someone strong, and it's lacking that.

I'd only welcome Project Orpheus if we got some Quartermaines back!

• Members

It was truly odd to introduce a Black youth named T.J. on GH who is not Tom Hardy Jr., but I digress. I would bring Thomas/Tom Jr. back as a doctor on the frontburner. I have no particular investment in T.J. because they haven't bothered to write for him since Tequan Richmond. Tajh Bellow is not untalented, but the character feels like a spent shell to me - same as Molly, same as Kristina in some ways, same reason Michael and Maxie should be gone for a number of years. I would also have Gina Tognoni as Sarah Webber, a major surgeon and seemingly happy mother/wife/career woman who Liz chafes in the shadow of. And of course the troublesome Jeff and Carolyn would return (both recast again). The hospital would resume being a major hub.

I've said before that I would bring on Angie as a guest doctor for an arc re: abortion with Portia in the lead role as the physician bucking a local law, but it would only be a brief appearance with her backing Portia up and Debbi Morgan getting to deliver the message to the audience in her inimitable way. The show doesn't need to be repopulated by even more characters from other soaps. (And yes, there would be an Ellen Burgess mention) David Hayward is another story, that's an opportunity where I might seriously consider having him recur and come in and out and make trouble from time to time (though I'd probably say he's still happily married to Cara with their son, while maybe teasing the Anna thing).

Edited by Vee

• Members

Why doesn't Carly just ask Jax or Sonny for a loan?  I obviously don't expect her to get a job like a real person, but if she doesn't want to take money from Sonny I am sure Jax would help.  Someone pays for Joss's college and apartment she is getting off campus so I assume it's Jax.  

• Members

That's why this is so empty for me. She's got a number of people she can ask for help. And it's not like the government expects the fine in one lump sum, she's not going to be destitute.  

She's going from ultra wealthy to just wealthy. Poor dumb Caroline. Cry for her!

• Members

It's so silly.  Multiple people would bail her out and she also could go out and get a job.  At Deception or even the Metro Court (I am sure Olivia would force Nina to hire her).  She literally has experience at both those places.  And since I assume there is no mortgage on the house and she gets child support from Sonny for Donna how much could her expenses be?  Lol.  I don't feel sorry for her at all for having to move herself and young daughter out of a mansion and into a nice condo.

Also, why were the Davis girls in an empty nail salon today?  Were they doing their own nails?  No extras to be nail techs today?  And HMK continues to be completely unnatural as Molly.  

• Members

Diane told her specifically not to involve either Sonny or Michael in the money end of things at this time because it would cause the Feds to look deeper which we don't want them to do. 

Meanwhile I think Frank waited too long to bring permanent NuMolly on. Between having NuKristina & Temp Molly & then NuMolly & their doing a bad job of writing Molly's endometrisus realistically, I'm afraid they're gonna lose this story.

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
more info

• Members

So why couldn't Carly ask Jax?  Or her mother?  As @Darn said, it's not like Carly needs to pay it all in one lump sum lol.  I am sure there is a way for her to get a few loans.  

Is there any evidence there is a NuMolly?  Last I saw HMK's stint was just made longer through the summer.

• Members

ZERO evidence. Mia Kriegel is still in the role.

Ummm... it's the same actress who was brought in as a temp.  I don't know where you got that the role was recast again, because it was not.  Also... it's endometriosis. 

Please register in order to view this content