General Hospital: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Just finished watching ... she's dreadful. Good looking, not as old looking as she is but too old looking for the part. The voice would need a constant coach's attention. The writing is manic & over the top so she is already screeching, too. There's gotta be so many young women who could take this & run with it. OY! 

• Members

I find Molly to be histrionic and screechy already so that's not helping.  Is Molly older than Jordan now?  I don't even dislike Pullos (real life mistakes aside).  I think she was better than the material she got, but I don't think the Molly character is super hard to play.  The show isn't recasting Laura or Anna-just a B character honestly.   I don't know why it would be hard to find a decent recast.

• Members

The taping out of order based on sets was very obvious today. When Trina met with Marcus at Kelly’s her voice was fine, but when she went back to the hospital set at the end of today’s episode, she had the same laryngitis she had last week. It was very glaring.

• Members

LOL @ the memes about nunuMolly. This latest Molly actress is the worst casting for the role yet.  The material isn't great to begin with, but her acting choices just magnify the badness.

I cannot believe how lopsided the new casting choices are in this episode, from bad to absolutely beautiful.  They got a GORGEOUS actress with the right subtle acting chops to play the journalist interviewing Sasha in the same episode.  "Elyse" needs to be on contract, not a one-and-done dayplayer!

I'm annoyed at Maxie shaming Cody into putting on a shirt at the pool of all places (always make me wonder why people living at the Quartermaine mansion with a pool and a lake would go to a hotel pool, but still...). 

I hope Cody does not forgive Sasha for stabbing him.  I'm shipping Elyse & Cody now!

Please register in order to view this content

The Alexis & Esme scenes were compelling, comparing each character's arcs so far.  I hope that dynamic on the show remains.  Alexis is much more enjoyable in those scenes than with her motley crew of weirdly aged daughters now.

What is wrong with the Trina actress' voice?  She's had a frog in her throat all summer long. 

Sad they're turning Taggert into an alcoholic.  Who is he going to run over and kill on the show?

Edited by BrendaB

• Members

I mean you ought not to be able to swing a dead cat without hitting a potential woman who acts who could run with this part!!

Terrible episode. Maxie getting onto Cody Bell? Gladys reminding Sasha to take her meds, The Metro Court pool has a stabbing 2 days after a shooting?! Who would voluntarily live in this town?

• Members

That's fine and good but I think it all depends on how permanent this actress is.  She doesn't look youthful.  She looks like she's 35.  Again, it's not a slam on the actress because she is 39, but she looks years older than Kate Mansi and I don't think Kate Mansi looks that young.  It's just a really weird casting choice.

• Members

I have a hard time comprehending how anyone could think casting a 39 year old women is the right choice for Molly.  It's just not. 

GH could control the casting.  It's not the women's fault but this is such a poor casting decision it deserves the internet shame.