Y&R May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I really don't want to criticize Josh Griffith, or tell him (or any HW) how to do his job anymore, because I've realized how difficult it is for these people to satisfy the "suits" and still keep the audiences tuning in.  HOWEVER, if this is Griffith's way of fixing a storyline that isn't working AS it's still airing, as I suspect it is, then he's chosen a rather inelegant way of doing it.

• Members

I don't know. I felt Imani did a good Lady MacBeth there for a while to Nate's Macbeth. And then with the messiness going on between Devon and him that was just scratching the surface of what their issues were (and it wasn't just Elena so much as Nate hating his hands being damaged), it was the perfect storm then.  But I agree they could have had that be a nice build to where we are at now.

• Members

And they shouldn’t be, of course, but the writing for them has been so generic and muddled over the years. Audra is the schemer that one of them should be. None of them should be your run-of-the-mill heroines.

If they keep them, just considering the actresses’ strengths, Chloe is more suited to being an established corporate pillar; Chelsea should just be a plain old psycho but not a wishy-washy one with depression; and Sally more of a rough-and-tumble, ambitious social climber/street fighter from humble means. They are all so milquetoast and forgettable as currently written. 

• Members

I definitely felt that MM leaving impacted that story. And she was definitely gone when she got the one sentence exit. 

So much potential. She even had Jill's admiration if I remember correctly. 

THIS. I've come around to this version of Sally, but I would love her back like her original B&B version. And MCE always plays psycho so well.

And they can throw Audra back into Noah/Allie or Kyle/Summer or both like the young vixen she is while giving those couples (especially Noah/Allie) something to do.