Y&R May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

It's a good idea, but after so many strong years in primetime I can't see Shemar ever agreeing to return to the rotted husk of CBS Daytime full time unless they were seriously revamping Y&R with an eye towards a streaming platform. They clearly are not doing that.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Which is stupid, because that's EXACTLY what they SHOULD be doing: revamping Y&R for a platform like Paramount+.  B&B could leave CBS for there tomorrow and probably not even bat an eyelid.  I mean, the show is awful, but they've somehow figured out how to produce an okay-looking show on little money, so....

Elizabeth Hubbard is dead?

Edited by Khan

• Members

The show is so good lately. Josh has been catapulting things to the next level of fabulousness since the 50th. The show looks stunning and the storys are tight and suspenseful. The acting has been top notch!! I am even loving the new opener!

Y&R is fulfilling its true potential finally. I am hear for the ride!

• Members

Night and day - I came here to ask this question. Was there a change in directors recently? The sets and the direction suddenly look “Y&R” again. 

The two moments I noticed it today:

- The Jazz Lounge: There is suddenly a depth to the set. The bar in the foreground is far enough upstage to provide perspective. There are suddenly more than three tables, and they were not on top of each other. It’s like a whole new set. 
- The Abbot House: They did the classic YR shot of the character standing behind the sofa instead of in front of it. The decor looks fuller again. It did not look like a play, it looked cinematic. 

There are less straight on shots, the cameras are angled, at corners and niches in the set. It is night and day to the episodes that aired 50th anniversary week. Am I being too optimistic that show looks very YR again?

…also, this Harmony is so much better than Debbi Morgan. It was a smart move bringing her back. I hope we can see her drop into town more often. 

I really like this version of Harmony and Tucker. Tucker’s aloofness is so endearing. He comes off as an eccentric billionaire. It’s a fun contrast to the always serious and stiff Victor and Jack. It’s like Tucker is the Silicon Valley billionaire to Victor/Jack’s more traditional CEOs. 

This Harmony is more subtle. Less scenery chewing. I could see this Harmony and Tucker once being in a romantic pairing. 

• Members

If Josh Griffith can pull off the ultimate miracle and make Y&R look and sound and feel like Y&R again, then I'll be among the very first to praise him.  But with both CBS and Sony clearly in penny-pinching mode, I think it's going to be a very tough fight.

• Members

Why did Malcom not appear until 90% of the guests leave? Especially since most of those guests were the actors that Shemar actually interacted with back in the day:

Victor, Nikki, Sharon, Cassie, Ashley

Heck, he acted over the years with these players more than with Devon!