Y&R May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

…also, in an example of how YR has always been the “smarter” soap, did anyone catch the parallels between the “mums” in this episode. 

- Kyle’s joy at Diane homecoming 

- Devon’s surprise at seeing Harmony

- Summer’s anxiety at keeping her secret about Summer 

Each child/mother relationships is unique and drove today’s story forward in different ways. 

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Last week, The scenes I really liked was Jack sitting alone in his office while Jack and Phyllis flashbacks played,

Elena doing her monologue while the same time showing Nate and Vicotria getting busy.

Also, I was watching James Lott Jr's livestream, he did an interview with Stafford recently and he said, she told him the stuff they are filming now for this Phyllis story gets really controversial. I can only imagine whatever that could be.

• Members

One funny thing about Kyle Abbott is that the portrayer is so tall, that he breaks any of the forced perspective illusions they try to create on the sets. When he ran into the Abbott mansion to the stairs, you could tell they were far from grand and like a ladder with steps. He's just a little too tall and too lanky for the illusions to work.

• Members

I think him or, they just asked Susan Walter's husband to come back. so, Matt or Cameron is my guess.

I think you've said you'd like or, think Eddie would be the one to play Matt again, if it's him, I have a question. I never saw the Carter Mills plastic surgery story. What was Ric Hearst like as Matt? Was he good or not really.

Edited by lucaslesann23

• Members

In a way, I wish Ric Hearst had played Matt all along.  He's certainly a better actor than Eddie Cibrian, lol.

I'm sure I hated the Carter Mills story at the time, because I've NEVER been fond of stories where characters can deceive others through plastic surgery.  (No one's looks change THAT much, lol).   But, if I were to compare it to Y&R today, I'd probably reconsider it as being among the show's very best, lol.

ETA: I do remember liking Sabryn Genet's work in that storyline, though!  I don't always like when a female character goes insane; I think it's cliched and very misogynistic.  But she played the full-tilt-boogie-crazy stuff very well, lol.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Man, I hope it's not Linden Ashby/Cameron Kirsten.  IIRC, that story between him and Sharon was so ugly and brutal.  If Linden wants to come back to daytime, or to Y&R, I'd much rather it be as a new character.