Y&R May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

WHY?!?  Diane did the same but it lasted 10-12 years!  Diane is still the worst of the 2.  Phyllis did WRONG , YES!  But Jeremy Stark took advantage to almost crazy more than usual Phyllis (and yeah due to a lot of her being obsessed with Diane), and her children being wrong to her.  Daniel especially had NO reason to be mad at Phyllis at first, he seemed to be blaming her for his breakup with Heather and estrangement from Heather, when it was definitely told though him, that it was all his fault, plus Heather's getting involved with a new main. 

CO-SIGN,100%!

• Members

THIS.

*waves at Khan* 

Also same.

It's a miracle that they were able to repair the character after that...especially through the rotating writing regime.  And the fact they are not doing anything with the character development she got through that is a shame. 

• Members

A miracle indeed that simply because of Sharon Case. I always understood the writers made Sharon loco as plot points, shock value, etc. Instead of bipolar or whatever faux diagnosis, they could've gone either with grief over Cassie or just let her own it, regret it and be her better self again. Were Sharon's actions any worse than Victor, Phyllis, Adam, etc.? 

• Members

When the show first led off with Sharon’s klepto-tendencies, there seemed to be a degree of logic to why the character was exhibiting these tendencies. With each time the writers decided to go to that “well” of mental instability, they made the stories more outlandish and lacking in logic until the purpose of making the character “crazy” seem more and more purposeless, there was absolutely no purpose for it, it had just become a device, and a dumb one at that.

Isn’t Cameron Karsten dead though? What would be the purpose in bringing him back. I know the actor who portrayed him is married to Susan Walters in real life, but I don’t see a purpose for bringing him back. If anything, I agree with the posters who suggest Grace and to be honest, Grace has enough of a perverse  personality that it would make sense for her to try to send Sharon a bottle of champagne, thinking she could repair the broken friendship after all that happened between the two of them.

• Members

Oh okay, I see. Although interesting at the time, I don’t really see the point of bringing him back. Didn’t we already cover that ground of Sharon being tormented with Matt Clarke’s reappearance? And unlike Matt Clarke, Cameron was a one-off character who had no genuinely deep ties to any characters on the canvas.