Y&R May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

5-26

Oh, lord...SHUT UP, PHYLLIS!!!

I'm kinda sad that I'm spoiled on this Sharon storyline because the build (and SC acting) has been surprisingly well done. The wine bottle. Nick mentioning the blood stain. And now this postcard...? That's the intriguing I look for. 

I'm currently loving Ashley/Tucker. And ED knows she's playing the bitca, confused feelings, and warmth to the hilt. She is just so excellent to watch. And TSJ continues to rotate between matching her beat by beat to being just 'Todd'ish. But I giggled at Jack not liking him living in the Abbot house more than I should. 

I stay saying Devon vs Nate was about ego and less about Elena and thank you Nate for proving it.

Please register in order to view this content

I just can't with Billy/Chelsea and don't something I haven't did in ages...used that FF button. 

AL is officially the bright spot in this whole Dead Giggly Heffa story. And the fact that Kyle still does not know that Summer knew is a ticking time clock that I can't wait to see explode because I know AL is goinng to be awesome in those scenes. And I'm here for Chance/Summer/Kyle IF it goes there. 

• Members

At this point it seems as though JG has given up on sustaining a big suspenseful storyline with showing Phyllis on the run and writing to have us try to figure out where she is and when her kids will find out she’s alive, etc. It now seems like JG has chosen to focus on how long Summer can keep her knowledge of her mother’s faking her death a secret from husband Kyle. There was a time that Y&R would’ve kept Phyllis on the run at least until the summer solstice and then had the information of her being alive revealed in the autumn. JG likely knows he can’t keep it going until then.

For the same reasons that I cited with Summer/Phyllis story, I think JG decided to skip the suspense where the viewers are concerned. It would not surprise me if it ends up being a garden variety stalking storyline. Oh well, it gives Sharon something to do (and Nick by extension gets a storyline that doesn’t involve Daddy daycare story)and I am entertained by the flashbacks.

• Members

The most egregious race change recasting was Keesha, a character that was implied to be African-American but was originally played an actress of Puerto Rican heritage and then recast with an actress of Italian heritage.

• Members

Is Gabe, who was Cameron's right-hand man and did all his dirty work, going to return again? What about Grace Turner, who ended up turning against Cameron when she helped the Newman's by testifying to all of Cameron's crimes which put him in prison. He warned Grace during the original story line against turning on him or she would go down with him. 

Edited by fivethej

• Members

It might have been interesting as a part of the build up Sharon hears that Grace has died in an acciden (actually caused by Cameron) Cue Nick and Sharon talking about Grace to remind old viewers , educate new viewers with a few flashbacks thrown in.

Then Sharon gets a visit from a friend/partner whatever of Grace who says she mentioned Sharon's name before dying. Sharon puzzles about what it could mean...

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

The last thing Y&R needs to do is kill characters off-screen. They should've just brought back Grace. There is so much they could do there, she has such a deep history with Nick and Sharon. 

I'd have brought her back a few months ago to setup Cameron's return. Maybe he contacts her, holds something over her head that she did years ago. Hell, maybe she had his child and hid it from him. There's a lot you could do with her and Cameron that would make this story sing but Griffith is just cashing his check.

• Members

I agree.  Cameron could have blackmailed Grace into setting everything into motion.  Of course, with Cameron being Cameron, I doubt Cameron would be the type to allow Grace to live once she had served her purpose for him.  He'd probably strangle or stab her and frame Nick for the crime (or he'd frame Sharon, making it seem as if she killed Grace in some bipolar frenzy).

Edited by Khan