Y&R May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And, speaking of Cameron. If it is him, Was he meant to come back sooner? I know his last scenes were him being furious and I assume plotting revenge. So, did the story get cut or did Kay and Jack just decide not to bring it up again?

Edited by lucaslesann23

• Members

I'm pleseantly surprised with Trevor, he's actually trying and appears to be enjoying Tucker. He stopped showing effort at OLTL for a few years

Also, kudos to the writing because I never gave a damn about Tucker when Stephen Nichols played him. One of my favorite characters now.

Edited by lucaslesann23

• Members

I’m in the same boat. The Phyllis story only interests me when it intersects with Tucker and Ashley. It’s wild that ED and TSJ have never played opposite each other, because they have fantastic chemistry.

Also agree on never caring about SN’s Tucker. Truly don’t remember anything about his Tucker.

• Members

TSJ started off pretty well as Todd on OLTL, too.  Over time, however, his boredom with the show and with Todd became apparent, and it began affecting his performances, to the point where he was becoming as obnoxious onscreen as his predecessor, Roger Howarth.  I hope history doesn't repeat itself here.

Edited by Khan

• Members

So Allie and Noah are living together? Traci left town? Disappointing.

I guess I'm one of those that thinks the more the merrier in the Abbott household. If they are going to use such few sets, why not place as many people as possible moving about the Abbott living room? That would make more sense than all of the people that run into each other at the coffee house/Society.

I can't say I'm a TSJ fan. He annoyed me on OLTL and still annoys me now. I do like that Eileen is getting a story though. 

The corporate battles between companies and within each other are promising, but we've been led down these paths before just to have Josh pull the plug (Nate turning on Chancellor Winters, Devon vs Lily).

• Members

This is the most unexpected super couple in the making. TSJ has been a hot in the arm on this canvas. I love his lassaiz faire attitude in the full Abbott house. He reminds of when Leo moved in with Erica on AMC, disrupting her very proper home. 

TSJ is also great opposite Bryton. I want to see Tucker and Devon build a father/son relationship, something I could care less about with SN. He is not coming on too strong. He is letting Devon open up to him. 

I hope Tucker and Diane get more scheming time together too. They are an interesting pair of in-laws. The comedic opportunities are endless here.

• Members

Just my random thoughts, in general...

- The return of the GCAC suites and dinning room/lobby help make the show look old-school Y&R.  I love it!

- The GCAC lounge is one of the best sets constructed in the last decade.

- Looking forward to the Newman cottage set returning for Sharon and Nick's story line.

- The Abbott mansion and Victor's office are timeless.

- The apparent end of the Grand Phoenix's reign supreme is well over due. 

- Jack and Diane are everything. 

- Ashley and Tucker are everything.

- The Abbott siblings fighting over their significant others while bottle-up in the same house is classic soap.

- JG has his faults, but by weaving ED into a story on the forefront should award him some accolades.

- TSJ's version of Tucker is perfect.  The deflated power-player who doesn't give a damn is so much fun.

- Traci being out of town is a waste of BM's talent and the potentially entertaining scenes of her playing peacekeeper in the Abbott mansion.

- Billy should be living at the Abbott house adding to the family drama.

- Billy and Chelsea add nothing to the show. MCE is a fine actor, but Chelsea is dead weight.

- Noah and Allie being back-burned to the point that they are only mentioned, not seen, is a travesty.

- Phyllis's "death" was poorly executed.  Also, the repair that is needed for Phyllis to be redeemed is immense.

- Summer went from being a strong, independent woman of morality to a poor hypocritical joke due to the "death" of Phyllis story-line.

- Dark Nate is entertaining.

- Audra is fantastic as a pot stirrer.  Yet, she needs a real romantic interest.

- Victoria's sudden attraction to Nate seemed to come out of nowhere.

- Poor Elena needs to get revenge.

- Adam/Sally/Nick = BORING

- Why isn't Sally played as a young Jill Foster-type?

- Adam and Sally = Perfection!

- Sharon pouring drinks and being a talk-to is such a waste of SC's talents.

- Sharon and Chance = No thank you.

- Sharon and Nick getting back together makes soooo much sense.  SC and JM have always been at their best when acting opposite of each other,  Plus, neither character ever seems to find a new partner that doesn't live in shadow of these soulmates.

- Adam going after Newman Media is stupid.

- Why is the costume department so bipolar with how they dress Nikki and Victoria.  Some days, both woman look amazing (especially MTS), but other days it seems as if they have purposely tried to make them look older and/or disheveled.

- Devon and Abby are 100% fast-forward material.

- Devon's penthouse is the worst set now that the Grand Phoenix is gone.

- Kudos to JG for scrapping the Grand Phoenix sets as executive producer and bringing the classic GCAC sets back.

- Why do Adam, Sally, Daniel, Audra, Billy, and Elena, all live at the GCAC. Billy and Adam both could sensibly reside at their family estates.

- Where does Chance live?

- I need Jill Abbott on my TV!

- What happened to the Chancellor Estate?

- I love Daniel's return, his re-connection with Lily, and his strong moral character objecting to Summer and Phyllis's dangerous games.

- Lauren needs a story-line.  Why is she so absent from all-things Jabot as a powerful board member?

- Having Michael defend Diane has been nice. Will he defend Phyllis next?  Probably.  (Eye-roll)

- Mariah, Tessa, Chloe, and Kevin = almost forgot you existed.  Not missed all that much.

- EB is great, but Victor is so predictable with his family games.  He is no Logan Roy -- but under the likes of Bill Bell and Kay Alden, he could be today.

- Why are the classic music cues gone again?  They returned about two-three years ago in limited fashion, but haven't been used in ages.  The gala would have been a great time to use them.

- Why is Christine so dumb as the DA?

- Did Danny leave town without a goodbye?

Yep, that sums it all up for me.