Y&R May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

The biggest problem of this story is how chaotically (and idiotically) the story is written. No coherent or linear flow at all. And now all of a sudden half of Genoa City knows Phyllis faked her death? It’s biggest offense is the utter lack of any dramatic flair and suspense. 

I knew when I first read about Summer learning Phyllis is alive that this story was going to make Summer stupid again and it sure has which is unfortunate. It be so much better if Summer had just been left in the dark completely and still out for revenge. 

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Exactly. The story made absolutely no sense (wouldn’t be the first implausible soap plot). But Y&R had been so bereft of action that I was thankful that, at least, Josh was finally taking some risks and going for a big story that could conceivably have big drama. The actors certainly felt alive and engaged for once. But he has completely undermined the barest bit of dramatic momentum or impact this story had. Why bother? They are getting zero return on investment for the setup at the 50th anniversary, unless there’s a major plot twist coming. JG sucks at plot twists, though. There’s a thorough lack of commitment to telling stories. Even Brad Bell or Ron C. would have handled this in a far more entertaining way.

And, yes, Elena should absolutely go to the dark side. If she’s still a squishy crybaby after all of this, what a waste.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Interesting. When there was talk of a new story for Sharon,I inwardly groaned thinking it would all happen at Crimson Lights.

Glad GCAC is returning.

The set issue still remains a problem. Seems they have certain number at a time and so everything happens there until the next set revision takes place.

Noticed for Victoria/Nate's LA  sexcapade and Elena's betrayal moments they used one off 2 wall bedroom sets which worked well. They need to be more creative in that way.

• Members

You have to give Victor and Nicky credit that Sharon gets to stay at her home on the Newman ranch grounds, despite not being married to a Newman. I appreciate that there is a little bygones/ be bygones moment there. Though, it would make more sense if Sharon never married Victor too. 

I remember Phyllis once lived on the grounds, when she separated from Jack because of Diane. What has happened to that home now?

• Members

Unpopular opinion: Chelsea and Sally are the same the character (Fashion designers bedding Billy/ the Newman boys). Pick one, and let the other go. I vote to let go of Chelsea. I get nothing out her, suicide scenes included. And I loved Annie McDermott!

I really like Sally/Chloe working together. Can we please give Liz Hendrickson a storyline? In the few months she was on GH, Liz came back to life again! Why she would ever come back to Genoa City after basically being front burner in Port Charles is beyond me. 

It’s clear her relationship with Kevin is unflavoured by the fans and limiting the character. I miss the scheming Chloe sleeping with with brothers (Cane/Billy) and social climbing. I want her to backstab Sally, take over the Fashion house, and get enough shares to be a board member at Newman Enterprises. Give this girl some hutzpah again. She is Kay’s god daughter for Christ’s sake!

Michael and Diane are 1000xs more fun than Michael/Phyllis. I hope he drops Phyllis hard. He should feel betrayed for being used in the deception. Phyllis should be on an island. I want her DESPERATE. 

• Members

Am I the only one that felt the homoerotic energy between Michael/ Daniel/ Kyle in their Abbot mansion scene today? Gosh the three actors had more passion and heat with each other versus any of their current romantic pairings. 

I am not the biggest Kyle fan, but a romance with with Daniel has me *swoon*

Edited by AMCHistory

• Members

5-10

After talking about it for MONTHS, I think we all knew that I would eventually find time to run up in here and crow over the fact that Devon vs Nate was NEVER about Elena and more about one-upping each other. So Nate FINALLY succumbing to Victoria (when it should have been Imani) after all the drama of him giving up the takeover for the 'love' of Elena...hahahahahahahahahhha!!!! Though I loved the scenes of Elena calling him and Victoria out and I really and truly hope JG allows her to get the payback by bringing JT back to town...and JT...still looks FOINE. 

Outside of that...I loved seeing OriginalYolanda and the light drama it brought to Ashley and Tucker. But I've been loving Tucker (or Victor if you know what I mean

Please register in order to view this content

) over at the Abott house. I will never not not like seeing Malcolm. But those Neil episodes were good.

Already over the Phyllis fake death story...and I feel that is because it's been told too fast and mostly off screen. I would have loved to see Michael vs Chris in court, but alas. Outside of that, the only bright spot has been AL and MG's performances in the storyline and how Summer's actions has affected her marriage to Kyle and what might lead to a Chance/Summer/Kyle triangle...hopefully.

Not enough Shirtless Nick, but Nate made up for that. hehe. 

THIS.

They have set it up so well with Audra being her Iago.