ARTICLE: Peacock Orders Second Chapter of ‘Days of our Lives: Beyond Salem,’ Kristian Alfonso and Peter Reckell to Reprise Roles

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well now isn't this some lovely news!  

They should film on location in New Zealand where Reckell lives now, but I'll settle for some shaky iPhone camera footage

Please register in order to view this content

I secretly hope this will be the catalyst that draws Kristian back to the parent show. Hope is needed, even if she's a demon-possessed Princess Gina stuck over a vat of acid with an avalanche about to bury her, or whatever nonsense RC decides to reboot. 

• Members

I knew they'd be back someday, and I hoped it'd be before the end. This is lovely news.

It's uniquely DAYS that the show is experiencing a bit of a new media renaissance and may or may not have more network commitment behind it now than in many years while still being deeply backwards in its storytelling and a mess day to day. The rising profile of the show with all this stuff is good news for the genre and for DAYS' longevity and I'm happy for that, but it has yet to translate well to quality.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I’m glad to see this! As much as I criticize DOOL for being a soap not written for adults or intelligent people of any age, I’m still eating this junk food 5x/week and enjoying it. These Peacock specials are a real treat to the fans, I don’t think the majority of us would have ever expected such after we’ve seen so many of our shows canceled.