• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

• Notes on the last several episodes:   Charlie and Zander have more sexual chemistry than vapid Claire (and non actress portrayer).  Zander being the gay/bi daddy to Charlie would be an interesting storyline.   I'd like to think the Jan plot was thrown together when Aly Sweeney delayed her return. But knowing Ron, this was his pre planned primary sweeps story. Those wedding scenes live along side all the other lows during his tenure as head writer.   In between the Jan crap, the other stuff has been great, including Kate/Jake, Jack's story angle, NuJenn, Doug/Julie's Thanksgiving.  I can even stomach Chad right now. Emily/Gwen is a revelation but Ron will likely turn her into a murderous psycho.   The lighting and sets have massively improved as has the directlng. It's hard to believe Alaar and crew had it in them after several horrible years.  The exceptions are the DiMera set and that tired Brady set. They should be thankful they have Noel Maxam and Scott McKinsey.  The episodes they direct are always outstanding.   Wasted talent: Eric Marstoff   Most Annoying Actress: continues to be Lindsay as Sarah. Her performances have gotten so bad, all the ticks and exaggerations.  I can't believe the directors are letting her do it.  They must like it.   Most Annoying Actor: Jay Johnson; he just don't got it anymore.  Time to retire Philip.     Most Improved Character: John. I can't stand Drake's mannered performances, never could. But since his conk on the head, he's been more watchable.      
    • JJ leaving already is definitely disappointing. Now we have Rafe instead. I actually let out a groan yesterday when he showed up. He doesn't add anything to the canvas and is simply not needed. It didn't affect one thing when he left.
    • Betty Garde      McGARRY AND HIS MOUSE   Kitty's Mother     MICKEY OF THE CIRCUS      Mamie THE MOREY AMSTERDAM SHOW   Aunt Mimi  POLICE WOMAN     Mary Sullivan TISH    Leticia (Tish)
    • I also find the Sonny and Jason parts of GH basically unwatchable, but I don't think they're to blame for the ratings drop. Frankly, all soaps (and all primetime network shows) are seeing huge drops in the Nielsen ratings, because there are too many different entertainment options out there competing for eyeballs. And Sonny and Jason have been the show's primary focus for over 20 years now; someone must like that stuff, even if it isn't me.   I'd actually say that the show's bigger problem is that they have such a bloated cast, including tons of newbies with questionable acting abilities. Why "tune in tomorrow" when your faves might be offscreen for days or weeks at a time?
    • FRITZ WEAVER   THE DOCTORS AND THE NURSES     Unknown Role   1962            Father Wickford     1964 FALCON CREST      Arthur Masefield        1982 ONE LIFE TO LIVE     Victor Dalby Lord     1988 ALL MY CHILDREN     Hugo Marick    1992 CLASS OF '96      Professor Bennenger   1993   HOLOCAUST     Dr. Josef Weill     1978 THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES    Father Peregrine     1980               REATHEL BEAN   THE EDGE OF NIGHT     Minister     1976 GUIDING LIGHT      Detective Drummond      2003 AS THE WORLD TURNS      Justice of the Peace     2005 GUIDING LIGHT     H.B. Lewis       2006 AS THE WORLD TURNS       Minister     2007-08 ONE LIFE TO LIVE     High School Principal     2010