• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 1 reply

• Can I ask where the attack is being minimized? I have seen none of this and no I don't count Fox or a few cultists in congress.
    • Even though I figured out about a month ago that the individual relief payments would be cumulative (with the $600) and add up to $2000 total, I agree that this is misleading messaging, as it clearly became muddled. I do believe that Kamala and Bernie's bill originally called for a 2K payment but Joe, as the incoming POTUS is the final arbiter of what ultimately gets put forth and he seems to be making a declaration of $1400. It will be interesting to see what ultimately gets put in the bill, as the political calculus seems to change daily, based on the reality of the situation in the U.S.
    • Sadly I think it's mostly just going to be a thin veneer of ass-covering, followed by a lot of the different elements sticking together because they generally manage to do so in order to hold onto levers of power. Gerrymandering will be a huge help in that area. If gerrymandering is ever tackled, then things will start to change.    Speaking of which, here is a great example of cravenness in action. One of your state's senators, who voted to decertify the election results, now walking back after corporate donors got upset.    https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/sen-james-lankford-apologizes-to-black-tulsans-for-questioning-presidential-election-results/article_6f0c2d1a-56bd-11eb-a6cb-bfb64a69f21e.html   There's already a heavy push to try to downplay what happened at the Capitol, mocking the members of Congress who were scared, trying to just act like it was silliness and fun, etc. The more time passes the more that view will take up media oxygen.    That can't be stopped, sadly, but I wish there was a way to completely neutralize (they don't have the votes to expel) all members of Congress who go along with this.   I was reading about the plans to announce a $1,400 stimulus and say that people already had $600 so that makes $2,000. I get it - it's clear some like Manchin were not going for $2,000, and Biden wants to try to claim bipartisanship and then if it doesn't go through, pass with a narrow majority (if Manchin will go along). But this is bad messaging - Democrats campaigned on $2,000. This just leaves room for media darlings like Marco or Josh Hawley (if he is still viable) to push their fake populism. 
    • I'm not feeling Mary's look but I like the rest overall.  I didn't realize they already filmed the reunion! Anyone know the total episode count it'll be? Wednesday was episode 10.    RHOSLC:    Rolling my eyes at Jen not taking accountability for her own actions/reactions. Was Whitney wrong to bring up the gossip at Jen's hubby's party? Absolutely. Did anyone force Jen to go apeshit and start throwing glasses and having a meltdown? Nope, that's on you boo.    I love seeing Heather's self journey towards being a strong, independent and happy woman. I foresee Heather eventually settling down with a black man. I don't know why. A black husband, gay best friends, and drinking on the weekends while twerking with her cousin. I think that would make her life blissful.    I don't know if I buy the reconciliation of Meredith and Seth. I think the lovey-dovey stuff is a bit overkill, kind of like when OC's Shannon and David Beador were overly horned up on their vacation after their vow renewal. I could see the honeymoon phase dying quickly and them going back to their old problems.    The meeting of successful women in the yurt tent was... funny. I love how they glammed up the yurt, and I'm all for female empowerment, but it also strikes me as cheesy, having these women patting themselves on the back like that. "Yay us!" Gag.    Jen already breaking the 4th wall with that dirty tub splash. Anything for a Teresa Guidice table moment.    Overall, another good episode! Whitney was messy to bring up the gossip at the party, but she's still more mature than Jen to be able to take ownership of her mistakes and apologize.