Days of Our Lives: January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Not to get too far into the details of the original possession, but the devil's goal was to corrupt Father John's soul to get greater power and take over the world or whatever.  Not necessarily to destroy Salem specifically.  John was just the priestly soul it wanted.  And the overall point at the end was that John's love for Marlena and vice versa stopped the devil and it's power because their love and goodness was stronger than evil.  It was silly to me and not my favorite story, but there was a clear arc and resolution the the story.   It went on for about 6 months.

Johnny just seems to be screwing with the town just because and as much as I like CB as Johnny it certainly doesn't have the impact of Marlena (the shows main heroine for decades) getting possessed.  Plus JER used actual nuance to set up the OG story.

I agree there was never any intention of bringing Kristen back at that point nor Susan.  Was EJ being Elvis rewritten half way through though?  It didn't seem like that was where the show was initially headed.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Brady and Belle were born in 1992 and 1993 respectively - they were then aged to their teens in 1999 (so around 15-17); right now they're supposed to be in their mid-to-late-30s but are obviously in their mid 40s/early 50s.

Oh yeah, it's also worth noting that Sami witnessed the conception of Belle on the Basic Black board room table and also kidnapped an infant Belle to sell on the black market.

DAYS pretty much has the worst SORASing on all soaps I think.

Edited by te.

• Members

Another disaster of an episode. I was like look the mask has a switch in the back of the hair to change your voice. Alright I want a Sonny mask with Zack Tinker body and play opposite Chandler Massey please!

Abigail and Xander are in the pub talking to the pilot. The pub scene is dark. Ok it's night time in Salem and a scene later the pub is lit and very sunny outside. Huh?? Lord this show is just bad.

• Members

Brady is supposed to be my age

Please register in order to view this content

Actually, he was born a few days after me. Belle was born the following year. They were both aged, along with Shawn and Philip in 1999 
Sonny was born offscreen in 1991. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I think a lot of that comes down to Drake and Deidre were both comparably 'old' when Brady and Belle were born. Deidre would have been 46 when Belle was born and Drake would have been 39 when Brady was born. Back in the early 1990s they would have been considered 'geriatric' parents. DAYS really wanted to keep John and Marlena as a young, vital supercouple and having children was part of that equation. 

As a result, the SORASing of their children is really startling.  

• Members

Wow... so the crazy SORASing was always intended. 
Maybe they would have been better off making EJ Stefano’s grandson. Like Renee’s son or something that she gave up for adoption before she came to Salem. That would have put him roughly around the same age as Sami.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Shawn at least wasn't too bad - he was born in 1987 and like Will "subtly" aged as the show went along, so it wasn't jarring. I think they reasonably could've built a "teen scene" around him and but they were hellbent on the "super couples" spawn being star-crossed lovers and it's as exciting as white bread...

Edited by te.

• Members

Agreed. Back then, NBC was so hellbent on capturing that 12-17 demographic that Days went a little overboard with the teen scene lol 

For the most part, Will pretty much aged in real time. He was born in 1995, and graduated H.S in 2011, so that now puts his birth year as 1993. And there’s still so much story for him and Sonny that at this point they’re better off letting Arianna age in real time too 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Absolutely - I hope we don't suddenly get an aged Arianna appearing as it would age Will, Sonny and Gabi unnecessarily; I thought they were smart not to SORAS Shawn and Will as it would've taken years of story from Hope and Sami as young heroines, just like what happened with Julie and Laura in the early 70s. Julie especially ended up aged unnecessarily due to David Banning being SORAS'd (the character would've been in her mid-to-late-20s while also having a 18 year old son).