Days of Our Lives: January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Interesting.  ED never looked old enough to be James Scott's mom as Kristen or Susan.  I am not sure why anyone would take credit for the racecar driving stuff.  That was.......odd with multiple characters being into Nascar briefly lol.

I think the most jarring part about Belle/Brady is that they jumped so much in age so quickly.  I get Deidre/Drake were a bit older but they sort of stayed in that 40 ish age range for years.  I think if they aged Belle/Brady to 10-12 years around the wedding then waited 4-6 months and made them teens it would have been okay, but Belle was played by like 5 year olds at the wedding then went to Kirsten Storms during Jarlena's honeymoon while John/Marlena had a TON of story.  It's not like they needed an aged Belle to add to their full plate.  Honestly, same with Shawn D.   Bo/Hope had a ton going on as well, but he mostly aged in real time so it was okay. 

Also in theory Belle/Brady were only initially aged about 10 years.  Recasts, Claire, and storyline aged them about another 10.   I don't think it would be weird if both Shawn/Belle were approaching 40 at this point, but they are closer to 50 with Claire.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ron's devil is lame. It's just another alter.

Steve and Kristen need to bump into each other one night at the Cheatin' Heart. Steve/Kayla both. They're empty nesters and you know drunk Kayla would be down to get down.

Stephen and Stacy have chemistry.

Edited by KLN

• Webmaster

And that's a problem in itself. Not to mention EJ raped Sami. In the case of Kristen/Brady, it isn't the SORAS issue it's the fact that she was his step mom when he was younger. Sure, they can age to character but to outright ignore that she was around when he was growing up while still playing the beats of her obsession with John just isn't good writing by any of the writers or producers who allowed that plot. For soaps to survive in this current era of nearly 600 scripted series clawing for viewer attention they need to give some realism of sorts so that they can justify why they need 2.5 to 5 hours of a viewer's time. Just my opinion.

• Members

Ron's stories always include someone obviously acting out of character, a character then stumbling across the truth, followed by a very thin plot point of someone being kidnapped, held hostage, or blackmailed; which delays the truth from being revealed. It gets dragged out (scenes start becoming repetitive), and whoever is responsible for keeping said bombshell suffers little or no consequences. Rinse, wash, and repeat, and there are no long term or lasting effects.  

• Members

I agree with that.

I think it applies to Sami/EJ as well since EJ was John's "son" in '97 (EJ = John Jr.) and Sami's his stepdaughter. Sami gave him grandkids with the guy who used to be his kid. That with the SORAS and the rape always made Sami/EJ weird to me.

Unfortunately Days is weird with ages and pairings so it is what it is.

Accurate.

Edited by KLN

• Members

The Cheatin' Heart was used pretty prominently up until 2011. Then it morphed into Sonny's coffee house (Common Grounds???), which was "remodeled" into Club TBD (stupidest name ever, which is saying something), which later became Doug's Place 2.0 and then Julie's Place. They completely swapped out the set when it turned into Club TBD, though.

• Members

Summer died off screen at some point in the last year when Suzanne Rogers was off screen. She had cirrhosis I think. I can't remember if Summer's condition is how they explained Maggie leaving for a while, but when she came back in the fall she said that Summer had died. No loss, lol.