Days of Our Lives: January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

I am more inclined to agree with @KLN that Ron needs a co-HW - he is on brand for this show but needs someone to rein him in, his ego aside. Unfortunately, I think they installed him with Sheri Anderson, maybe the best possible living choice, and WTF happened to her? Where did she go?

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

At this point, the others that are left are hacks. They all have been recycled to the the our 3 soaps for years. Its time for new blood, a young writer to come in, potentially knows the history of the show. I bet there are hundreds of us that have created some stories for days.

A head writer is really coming up with the story's to tell, you have breakdown and script writers that bring it to life. 

• Members

Honestly, I don't have as many problems like a lot of people have with the show - like the Devil being wildly inconsistent about his powers. I guess also currently watching Dark Shadows has made me sort of accept those kind of inconsistencies as long as the show is still enjoyable. The biggest issue I have with DAYS is that it feels strangely stale - things are technically happening but they don't really come across as changing much. As I said, a lot of it just comes across as moving chess pieces back and forth.

I mean, if Ron wants to write a fast-paced soap opera with supernatural elements, I'd be down for that - just saying. Just no more huge bears chasing women with scissors.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I don't know what happened to Sheri. Probably told Ron he has less taste than processed cheese and got booted.

I've been watching loosely and some of this stuff is too stupid for words. Sarah with 4 faces, Ava vs. the bear. The believability isn't the issue, it's taste.

I agree Ron is on brand. He gets the show and is imaginative as hell but we're going to end up with Reilly 2.0. if they don't hire someone to balance the crazy.

They could fire Ron and reinvent the show altogether but that didn't work with Dena, Tomlin, etc. At least Ron pushes the right vein. He just pushes so hard it usually blows.

I think it feels stale because of the inconsistencies.

If you constantly break your own rules nothing means anything. Sami could drive a stake through Marlena's heart tomorrow and I'd be like, "Cool, it's probably Orpheus in a Sami mask and Marlena's a clone. We'll find her on an island next month." Then Rolf would bring the clone back and we're back to square one.

Imagination only gets you so far if you don't remember/understand the rules of your own fictional reality. Every story shouldn't feel like an episode of Punk'd.

I'm available!

Can you believe they actually shelled out cash for that bear costume? 

This is proof the brain protects us from trauma. I'd forgotten more than half of that and you didn't even mention Garden of Eden.

This show...

Edited by KLN

• Members

I'd rather they say Rafe drugged her or something. Bad meds. She has enough reason to want to mess him up without the 'out' of a brain tumor. Dude lied to her over and over.

Galen is one of Corday's dudes so he's forced into story like JT's Roman but Carlivati can't stand Rafe, I know. He writes him unflatteringly but the way Nicole lusts after him is unwatchable.

It probably wouldn't bother me with another actor but Galen has annoyed me since July 5, 1999.

It has promise except they'll pair him with Leo and say Nancy forced it when she stopped using box dye.

I can't understand why they decided to make the devil just another villain. Why even do a possession story?

Just give the whole town D.I.D. and call it a day.

Edited by KLN

• Members

I was grossed out at first, but then I remembered Sami married EJ who was was an infant when Will was 5.

When it comes to SORAS I ignore it. Only way to enjoy the story.

Edited by KLN

• Members

Honestly, SORASing is one thing.  It's not like Sami/EJ really crossed paths when he was a baby.  At most, Sami might have met him a few times at Marlena's or John's in passing.  It's a crazy amount of SORASing in EJ's case but it didn't necessarily throw me off as much especially with Kristen/Susan off canvas when EJ was first introduced.

Brady and Kristen had an established relationship.  He was old enough to remember Kristen being with his dad, living with her, her actively trying to be a mother figure to him, and the fact John/Kristen were getting married.  None of this really bothers me now, but the context of Brady/Kristen's previous relationship makes it much more skeevy than just weird SORASing.