Days of Our Lives: January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

That's true.

They've forgotten more significant parts of history so I'm willing to ignore it too if the story's worth it. 

I think of EJ as John's son for the first 6 months of his life. J&M weren't together yet but Kristen had to push him away from her fake belly for months. Then they raised him together.

Now he's Sami's stepdad and she's given him grandkids with the guy who used to be his son.

Kristen was gone when EJ was reintroduced but she's always been my favorite so those things stuck out to me at the time. Plus the extreme SORAS, the rape...

Edited by KLN

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's true.  I don't think John himself mourned John Jr/EJ as his son for very long.   He had a few moments, but was basically too busy getting back with Marlena at that point.  A lot of EJ's backstory makes 0 sense, but he was off screen for so long it's easier for me to accept.  Although why they didn't just make him some other Stefano unknown child is beyond me.  Only on very rare occasions do they mention the John/EJ/Kristen connection as well.  It is weird, don't get me wrong, and one of the worst cases of SORASing on all of soaps easily.

I feel like (especially recently with Eileen) the audience is reminded a lot more often of John/Kristen's relationship and connection, so her with Brady is icky.  With Stacey as Kristen I don't feel that history and bond with Drake/John the way I do with Eileen, so I would say that works better even if ED/EM have better chemistry.

Honestly, both couples are equally weird lol

Will was born in Nov. 1995, EJ in Feb. 1997.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

True, outside of Tom/Alice the main supercouples on the show have all been presumed dead, have had multiple personalities, been brainwashed, murdered people in the past etc.  It's not like any popular pairing on this show is normal or even your garden variety soap couple.  Julie did marry her mother's husband, so it's not like Brady's moves are unprecedented.

• Members

Interesting that now Will is older than Sonny. Maybe Sonny is EJ in a mask.

Please register in order to view this content

I didn't start watching days until 2010 after ATWT was cancelled. I tuned in to see Will story with Chad. I remember everyone saying they were going to get together and that Will was gay. Will and Chad never hooked up and Chad was recast.

• Members

That’s my main reason why I can’t watch this show. The actors and scriptwriters can put out episodes with great performances and wit, but if nothing is of consequence, what’s the point? Ron writes DAYS as a silly sitcom, where you just enjoy the comedy for 30 minutes (or however long) and forget about it or just appreciate the actors camping it up. And that can be enjoyable but it’s not why I personally watch soaps.

• Members

I actually watched a tiny bit - never seen more than 5 minutes or so of Days...ever.  But I watched a tiny bit one day when I knew Marlena was possessed...and saw her with her hands around the guy's throat (John???) - at a mausoleum.  Seemed pretty powerful this Devil.  That was all I saw...then a couple days later had it on after the Noon news and saw she was still going to kill him.  At the mausoleum with her hand around his throat.  I thought...um, is this the Devil?  Why isn't he dead yet?  LOLLL.  She's just going to talk about it?  So several weeks later I had it on again after the news and they did the exorcism I guess.  During it Marlena said "Is THAT the BEST you've GOT!???"  So I thought, oh, well I don't know why everyone is still alive if she's possessed and so dangerous...but she'll just fake being 'exorcised' and this isn't really it or whatever.  Then it was over and I read I guess she's all better?

I thought about that...and her saying "Is THAT the best you've GOT!??"  Well, I thought...if anyone was a daily viewer or a fan and this went on for....how long?  And they did this before in the 90's or whatever....and then that was it for the scene and the Devil???  Everyone should be saying that right now....Is THAT the best you've GOT?? LOLLL.  Not a fan or a watcher but that was my take on it from passing by.  

• Members

For those asking about Sheri Anderson and Ryan Quan:

Previous Headwriter team (all equal)
-Dena Higley 8/19/15-7/18/17
Equal Headwriters with Dena:
-Josh Griffith  8/19/15-9/2/16
-Ryan Quan  9/6/16-7/18/17
-Beth Milstein  2/22/16-9/2/16
….(Beth Milstein was added as third equal Headwriter while Dena was on medical leave)

---------------

Current Headwriter:
-Ron Carlivati  7/19/17-Present
Story Consultants:
-Sheri Anderson  7/19/17-1/7/19                                
-Ryan Quan 7/19/17-Present

(Sheri Anderson  also served as a dialog writer 12/21/18-3/15/19)

Source:
https://www.jason47.com/days/staffdatabase.htmla

Edited by janea4old