Days of Our Lives: January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've been scratching my head since I've been seeing the Pendleton Bear pics. Who the hell is Duke? I thought maybe he was an easily forgotten snot-nosed child character that Ava raised-up or something. Hey, with these fast-paced storylines, it's difficult especially when 91% of them aren't even memorable. I did a DuckDuckGo search and I only see one character. 

Wait. I just saw the scene where Ava talks to the bear at Basic Black with a pair of scissors. Am I to assume this is where the audience sees that Ava has turned into a psycho? Hell, I say just take a fly swatter a smack her hard across the face and she'll snap out of it. 

It feels like the "current theme" these past couple of weeks is when characters do these "off-the-wall" batsh!t crazy things to cling on to their loves or whatever. Before, it was wearing fake masks to deceive people, but then again, that too was used to cling on to their supposed loves, so I guess this theme isn't so current after all. I guess I just don't understand especially when the ones they're fighting for aren't even worth a hill of beans. Especially Chloe of all people.

Edited by Noel

• Members

Honestly I think most of the audience was living vicariously through Ava while she decapitated the bear. Rafe and Nicole sharing custody of that thing has been the dumbest thing ever. I thought nothing would be worse than when Duke talked to Rafe, but this giant bear will top that if it actually shows up on screen lol. 

• Members

"Duke" is a small stuffed teddy bear that Rafe gave Nicole months ago, and then they agreed to share custody of it.  Something about Rafe missing Orpheus's grandson David that Rafe briefly had custody off, and Nicole missing Eric who was in Africa.  They use the bear to help with their loneliness.  Rafe confides in it.  In his mind, Rafe has been hearing the bear give him advice. (really!)

It's a stupid thing that fans of all characters hate. 

Rafe and Ava are in a relationship and live together.  Ava just learned that  Rafe cheated by having sex with Nicole on the Basic Black conference table.  Ava knew that Duke was a symbol of Rafe and Nicole's supposedly platonic friendship -- and now that Ava knows they had sex, she got pissed off and decapitated the bear and vowed revenge.

The teddy bear Duke (recently decapitated) was a regular-sized teddy bear.

Regarding the picture of the giant bear picture-- That giant bear has not been seen on the show.  That picture is a behind-the-scenes pic of something we'll see eventually.

(I just wasted five minutes of my life typing up that stupidity!)

Edited by janea4old

• Members

It really appalls me that Ron Carlivati treats something serious like demonic possession as just more soapy goodness. 

This isn't some reality show on Bravo, Mr. Carlivati.  You are literally playing with fire.  You need to balance this darkness with light, not lightheartedness.