Days of Our Lives: January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm excited to watch later.

Carson has unique charm for a Days lead, I think he'll be great as "the devil." That expressive smirk? I totally buy him as the son of Sami and EJ.

Johnny/Chanel are the soap version of Zach Morris and Lisa Turtle. Days has been nailing the casting lately.

Sorry.

We got carried away in the December thread with the month over, I'll stick to the current mess.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by KLN

• Members

Sorry.  My bad

I'll leave to the Classic Days Discussion.

CB is channeling his smirking half brother Will.  I wonder what damage he will cause.  I actually think Will would have been a great person to get possessed as well.

The entire young adult scene is pretty good.  Even if Tripp is boring-I do get his purpose.  I wish they would bring back ORK or someone new as Claire.  I do feel like her absence is noticeable.

• Members

I hate how the writing is all over the place to accommodate Sweeney's ATM visits. I love seeing her but it's a mess. Lucas is a kidnapper and Sami is declaring two different soulmates within the same week, and EJ is basically in limbo until she comes back again, all so Ali can be off filming her Hallmark movies. They need to just have Sami be totally single - no EJ or Lucas in relationship limbo waiting for her - and just go off to visit Sydney all the time or something so there are no story threads hanging when she leaves over and over. They revolve way too much story around an actress that they know is only around for a few weeks and then leaving again. 

• Members

No, I definitely appreciate the recap as all of this flew right over my head.  I vaguely remember the Orpheus stuff and I don't remember David. David. David? Is he that guy with the Clark Kent glasses? But, if Ava's turning into a looney psycho, then at least she can call a spade a spade to Rafe's face, lol! Grown-ass man talking to and receiving advice from a stuffed toy. I wonder after witnessing Galen Gering's strange behavior on that reality show Dirty Soap, that he's the actual culprit who put the writers up to it, lol! I don't personally know him, but he just seems like a really strange person. Then again, it was a "reality show", so maybe he was doing it all for show. Who knows? 

• Members

No. She just doesn't want to stay full-time and to be honest, I understand why, from their point of view, they'd just take as much of her as they can even if it is not enough to write solid story.

But I agree with everyone that it leaves too many other characters in limbo. They need to find a better way to use her in spurts instead of trying to tell a long-running stories in bits and pieces.

• Members

David is Orpheus's grandson with Jordan Ridgeway.  Orpheus son went by the name of Evan and killed Jordan but he framed Ben for it.  Rafe had custody of David because that's what Jordan wanted but Evan's sister Zoey ended up taking over custody when Evan went to jail.  

Evan/Christian *his real name* was hooking up with Sonny for awhile when Will was in jail.  It didn't really make a lot of sense just because Orpheus's kids should have been much older and closer to Sami/Eric's ages though. And I guess Evan was just bisexual because I don't think Sonny and him hooking up had much to do with anything with his plans.

He ends up breaking out of jail and holding a presumed dead Ciara captive and attacks Claire.  I kind of get him and Charlie confused in my mind, but I think Evan is back in jail.

Was GG weird on Dirty Soap?  I remember his wife being really jealous of his love scenes with Ali, but I don't remember him being strange.  But there were some other, stranger co stars on Dirty Soap lol.

Why do Kayla and Kate dislike one another?  I can't remember.

• Members

Well, does any female character like Kate? lol

Joking aside, I remember Kayla being blackmailed by Stefan into spying on Kate and ultimately it led to Kate being fired from DiMera but I don't remember if there was any previous backstory

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

Oh yeah.  I think he was blackmailing Kate about something?  And Kate kept mentioning how Marlena was her best friend and felt bad but did nothing lol.

I actually had to pause and think if Kate and Steve ever slept together lol.

In the scheme of Kate's transgressions over the years the Stevano stuff doesn't seem so bad.  I thought I maybe missed something else.

Weren't Stephanie/Phillip once engaged?  Did Kate mess that up?