Days of Our Lives: January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

If she can't exist without a man they should bring back Brandon. He's the only love interest of Sami's who didn't make me want to hit the TV. It keeps Sami and Nicole crossed without putting pairings in limbo.

• Members

Who?  Oh!  Him!  Yeah, they should totally bring back whatshisface.

Or he could perform a massive retcon and reveal that Marlena, who returned from the dead in '91, is really Samantha, and that the real Marlena is still being held captive on some island.  #ATaleof2Docs

Edited by Khan

• Members

OMG!  Could you imagine DH playing Sam, Hattie, Marlena and Mardevil on occasion?  I am sure that would work out well.  Although it is odd they didn't make more use of Deidre Hall having a real life twin and established twin on the show for years and years and killed her off so early on.

• Members

Actually, it would be "SamanDevil." 

Please register in order to view this content

But, if you think about it: Samantha could be paired off with John, Hattie could be paired off with a returning Chris Kositchek and Marlena could be reunited with Wayne's Roman.  It's a win-win-win situation.

Edited by Khan

• Members

LK looked stunning today. Enjoyed her scenes with Chad.

I was also surprised that I enjoyed the Nicole and EJ scenes. I've never cared for Nicole but her scenes hit home.

The rest of the show was ff material. 

Is AS no longer going to appear? Lucas and Sami left?  Is EJ and Sami story going to be left hanging?

• Members

I don't think it is the comings and goings that are inherently problematic. They limit what can be told but that doesn't mean nothing good can be told.

But you can't tell stories that require follow-up.

They should have had Sami kidnapped for a long while until she was ready to give the show several months for a proper resolution - the entire arc
The problem here was if they were only getting AS for two or three weeks, they should have taken that time to film scenes of Sami in captivity that they could sprinkle through the show for months to show she was still out there and keep the flame burning slowly until she had three or six months to give them for the escape and a proper end to that story.

Edited by FrenchBug82