Days of Our Lives: January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I never bought Phillip loved Chloe even when Phloe was a thing. He was awful to her most of the time.

Brady was a weird metro dude who hung out with a bunch of high schoolers but at least he was nice to Chloe (sometimes), they frolicked gazebos and sang showtunes together. Probably what turned him to booze and crazy women.

Phillip can't move past Chloe because he's the Peter/TAndre of the story and Ron needs him obsessed with her.

Which... okay. I'll go with it, I like Phillip darker but it's abrupt and JKJ isn't exactly rising to the occasion.

Edited by KLN

• Members

Yeah, I don't really hate Farah Fath, but I don't care if she's recast.  I think Mimi should probably be on canvas with Bonnie, Belle, Phillip, Rex, Shawn, etc around town.

There were plenty of times Chloe/Phillip/Brady were all on canvas and weren't together or interested in one another at all, so this death match over Chloe's love is strange.

• Members

They should've made Chloe vulnerable first.

Say her cancer came back, some kind of scare that had Phillip/Brady at her side (while Kristen was locked up) and allowed their bonds to re-grow through adult eyes and trigger old pains. Remind the audience why these people care about each other again.

Ron only cares about bullet points and they need to recast Phillip. Chloe too if they're going to use her like this. Nadia has the most flat vocal inflection I've ever heard, not great for an actress. I'm stuck on Lindsay Hartley but anyone could play her, rotated preferably.

Roman's part in Kate's leg of this mess is going to annoy me, I can already tell.

Edited by KLN

• Members

As I've said before, Chloe has had every demeaning story short of being abducted by aliens or joining the Klan. A recast ain't gonna fix it. Phillip and Chloe have been spent characters for years IMO who burnt through a ton of bad material by Higley and co., and I say that as someone who really liked Nadia for a long time. They need a long, long rest. Brady isn't far behind and I say that as someone who thinks Eric Martsolf is sexy as hell.

Edited by Vee

• Members

That's fair.

I see potential with tweaks but you're not wrong about any of that. Just, if this is what they're going to do they need to do it... not like this.

I think there's value in showcasing some form of the Salem High crew. Most of that didn't appeal to me but they had fans.

When I told my sister I was watching Days again her first question was "Is Chloe still there?"

Edited by KLN

Today's episode was BORING. Only Days can be OTT and dull at the same time. I do wonder what havoc JoDevil will cause? But RC isn't creative. So i don't expect much. MarDevil antics were all rather meh. JoDevil staring at himself in the mirror. Dressed like Cesar Romero's Joker isn't cutting it.

Kayla, Steve, Roman and Kate celebrating New Years in that miserable looking restaurant. Just makes me sad.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Kayla, Marlena, Steve, and John joking about Marlena's devil possession and kiss with Kayla didn't draw you in?  Drake making goofy faces, hand gestures, and picking actual lint off his jeans on national tv wasn't enough for you?  Sami and Lucas reuniting after years and years in 5 min wasn't the twist you were waiting for?  Lol.  I would assume you weren't expecting Allie and Tripp to be exciting, so you weren't disappointed there.

I do like JoDevil so far but the 'fire' suit is a little much.  Marlena as MarDevil was Mardevil all the time except when she intentionally morphed, but is Johnny as JoDevil going in and out of being the devil?  This is all confusing.  I'll give it a chance though.

I truly didn't hate the show today, but it didn't live up to the cliffhanger from Friday.  Is the devil using the same deidre/Mardevil voice as well?  It sounded the same.

• Members

Does Bonnie even mention any of other kids Patrick and Connor at all lol? Kind of surprised they haven’t resurfaced. But I wouldn’t mind Mimi back even if it’s a recast actress. She could easily be used as a good go talk to for Belle while her and Phillip could make themselves useful and search for their lost son instead of Phillip going bonkers over Chloe. 

Johnny and Chanel being married so fast is silly and ridiculous especially now that he’s possessed but I liked him talking to Stefano’s portrait as so far Johnny has had zero interest anything DiMera related. Lucas and Sami are together again so of course there is uneasiness…like a reverse situation of the time when Lucas & Sami reunited but Sami had to hide the fact she was Stan. 

Roman & Kate redux? Ehhhh….

• Members

I think Patrick is still in jail.  I want to say he's been at least mentioned.  No idea about the other kid.  Barely remember him.    It would be nice for Belle to have a friend or a person to talk to that she's not related to.

It would be a change for Phillip to return and re-evaluate his life and look for Pocket with Mimi.  I could get behind it.

I actually thought Johnny was intrigued by his Dimera upbringing before.  Not the business, but he seems to have a high opinion of Stefano even though he spent years torturing his grandparents and was obsessed with his Grandmother.  He yaps on and on that his grandfather called him Giovanni and not the fact he was named after John.  Johnny probably didn't get to that part yet in the Sami brady script lol.  I am on the fence with the marriage.  On one hand I really like Johnny/Chanel, but on the other I fear they might burn through too much story too quickly ala Belle/Shawn/Mimi/Phillip by getting married too young. 

• Members

I love Carson and Johnny. He has just the right amount of piss and vinegar to pass as the DiMera/Brady spawn who in my mind was always bound to lead us on the path to hell. Great casting with him, Dan, Raven, etc.

• Members

I am still not sold on Dan, but everyone else is great.  I thought there were strong clues in the beginning that Johnny was very fascinated with his DiMera part of the family enough to potentially lead him to the dark side, so it makes sense.  I would love to know what Johnny does/doesn't know about Stefano.  Do you think Sami ever at some point was like, hey, one time your grandpa Stefano made me think my mom and dad were dead for years and led me and the entire town to believe John was my real father, Good Times!  There was also a giant birdcage and a decades long obsession with your grandma on my side of the family.  The only reason your dad exists is because Nonno Stefano pretended to be Elvis in an elaborate scheme to fool Grandpa John so your Aunt Kristen could pretend to have a baby.  I really wonder about Johnny/Allie's upbringing off screen because neither seem terribly close to Sami.