Days of Our Lives: January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

That was ridiculous! Johnny suddenly shows up at the pub wearing the same navy hoodie Phillip wears. They sure are popular in Salem. Then Johnny shows up in court in a split second. Then Johnny starts quoting the Bible? This story needs to end now. It was a failure.

I would tune out again if certain characters weren't appearing this week and next. 

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Today's episode really had me rolling my eyes.

Lucas and Sami left town together, but only Lucas comes back for SAMI'S kidnapping trial? We're supposed to believe that Lucas persuaded her to stay home from her own trial?! The way they write these stories around Sweeney's schedule is ridiculous. 

I totally forgot about Jake and Gabi. They're as useless as Ben and Ciara at this point. Seriously, does anyone care about them wanting to take over a company? These business stories with them are a total bust. They could leave tomorrow and it would affect nothing. 

They might as well have EJ wearing a dunce cap. They're making him look so stupid to make this Johnny stuff work. It's painful. When Belle said that Chad was choking and gasping for air, Johnny's response was, "That's a good thing." This somehow didn't set off alarm bells for Belle or EJ. EJ only questioned Johnny referencing the Bible and that's it. He was all smiles that Johnny cares about DiMera and what not. Not that I think that EJ should jump to the conclusion that Johnny is possessed, but EJ should seriously be questioning this strange behavior. Instead he's just hugging Johnny and smiling about how his son cares about him. He looks like an idiot.

I did like fake EJ in the scenes with Abby though. That was funny. 

• Members

Not meaning to deviate too much away from the current stuff, but I was under the impression that Peter had always been evil even from the time he was brought on back in 1993 (wasn’t he originally brought to town by Stefano to get rid of John who was coming between Kristen and “Tony”). 

• Members

Yeah, I don't want to deviate either, but I don't think Peter was evil.  Definitely a shade of grey character, but I thought the John stuff was more to appease Stefano than him actually completely being on the dark side.  I thought the show could have gone either way with him.  Like he could have been changed by Jen's love.   But YMMV on that.

• Members

Just a few weeks into the new year and Lucas is already the front runner for Most Ruined Character. Today, he reminded me of the way he was in the 90s and early 2000s. He really had grown out of that though, until now. 

And I finally saw the chemistry between EJ and Belle. I would not mind RC running with EJelle somewhere down the line. 

• Webmaster

They were definitely the highlight of an otherwise awful episode. I could see them boinking in the court room during that lengthy break. Too bad it didn't happen because when it comes out "EJ" 

Please register in order to view this content

• Webmaster

This is true.

On a somewhat related note, is there supposed to be a jury for these scenes? Or is the judge coming to his own verdict and sentencing? If this is about kidnapping, wouldn't the victim need to be there, specifically in town if not in court? I know they excused it with Sami giving her deposition and stuff but that's a poor excuse, IMO. Additionally, I don't ever recall a time where a victim could be out of the country while someone is on trial for something done to them unless it was a federal case (mostly due to witness protection purposes, if anything).

If it's about COVID or budget, I think I'd like to win the lottery just so I could infuse money into this show.

• Members

I think it's probably a budget issue, but yeah, if I had the money, I think I'd be sending Corday some checks too 

Please register in order to view this content

And I know EJ wanted to waive his right to a jury trial, so that might explain why there's no jury. I can't remember if Belle managed to change his mind though. 

• Members

EJ has chemistry with everyone except Sami. I could go for him and Belle, though I don't want to see Shawn get cheated on again. 

Abby slapping "EJ" and then EJ having that sh*t-eating grin on his face cracked me up.

Lucas's hair is so bad. As is whatever is on Nancy's head. Super random to bring back Craig and Nancy after all these years for this story.

Jake and Gabi (or "Jabriela" as they were called on the show today) are so unnecessary. 

Edited by AlexElizabeth