Days of Our Lives: January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

IKR?  I keep thinking about what Ron Carlivati said at the start: that he didn't know how to approach revisiting this story until he realized that the devil was just another villain.  Talk about being led in the wrong direction, lol.

Johnny is supposed to be a filmmaker, right?  If he is supposed to be a filmmaker, and he has been possessed by the devil, then why isn't the devil exploiting Johnny's filmmaking abilities to spread his message(s) and win souls everywhere?  Why does the devil even BOTHER with DiMera Enterprises?

As I've said COUNTLESS times, I really don't approve of telling stories about demonic possession, especially on a daytime soap opera that, for the most part, has never been a supernaturally-based show.  (Heck, I don't think this would have belonged even on DARK SHADOWS, lol.).  But, if you're gonna tell this kind of story, then tell it right! 

We live in very polarizing times.  We have become more tribalistic than ever before.  If the devil didn't sow the seeds of our current state, then he is certainly working overtime, figuring out ways to exploit it.  THAT should be the message of Ron Carlivati's story: that the devil is busier than ever; and that, to quote Reba McEntire, we gotta give this world back to God.  Instead, it's like we're watching the worst teen sex comedy imaginable, with a possessed Johnny panting after Gabi like some damn cartoon dog, which is a form of Hell even the devil himself wouldn't want unleashed.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I like Chanel/Abe. 

I feel bad because I actually think Tripp deserves better.  He's a pretty great (if not extremely boring) guy.

As much as I have previously derided the Craig stuff, I am willing to see this one out.   I mean I know where it's going but what Craig said into the phone was pretty innocuous.  He can easily say he was on the phone with a patient and then Joy called.  That's what I would do lol.

So I get Marlena's desire to apologize to Paulina.  That's fine she broke her medical oath, but Paulina was also in the wrong.  It came out at the wrong time and in the wrong fashion, but Paulina played with a lot of lives and is very poor me about it. I just have a hard time feeling that bad for Paulina on this.  If Days was going to do this right Marlena would be at risk of losing her medical license, but it's not playing out like that at all.  Anyhow it's on brand for Marlena to do an apology tour, but it's very out of order.   You think Marlena would apologize to Belle first.

Anyhow, I am glad Johnny is being held accountable for the movie.  You can't just up and not do it when you made commitments.  I know TR is evil, but like that's real life JoDevil.  I was kind of laughing at Coates making all those cracks about Marlena being a grandma.  Like sir, you are not a swinging guy in your 30's exactly.  I get that it's ironic because he's actually a grandpa, but it made me laugh for some reason.

• Members

It is kind of ridiculous Tripp can't find a girl.  He's very dull for soap standards, but any women or man would be banging down his door in real life.  But Rafe's got women always after him?  That's more unbelievable than anything lol.

It seems like such a no brainer to cast Joy and throw her into the Johnny/Allie/Chanel/Tripp stuff, so of course it won't happen.

• Members

I'm still confused why Theo can't be on the canvas full time anymore. They clearly like the recast. He's only related to the DiMeras and Carvers so he can date absolutely anyone on the canvas. And they really had him get done dirty by Ciara/Claire/Allie and he still went off back to South Africa with nu-Claire.