Days of Our Lives: January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Agree about Allie and Tripp.

As much as I’m enjoying the storyline, part of me is a little pissed at Allie for cheating on such a great guy like Tripp 

Please register in order to view this content

Pairing him with Joy or another character would be good though. He needs a love interest that’s not one of his cousins. I know there’s no blood relation, but it still counts.

And yeah, I just can’t with Nancy’s Shelley Winters wig

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think Tripp has such a dull vanilla personality and I can't imagine anyone being interested in him.  The only time he wasn't dull was when he was a horrible person holding a knife to Kayla's throat, and I don't want that Tripp either. 

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Tripp is the most pointless dullard on the canvas. I’ve never taken to the character and I’m shocked he’s lasted this long especially the current iteration. There’s actual non retconned legacy characters that could be on the show.

• Members

You both know Rafe is actively on this show and has been for like 15 years lol?  Tripp is boring but in real life he's a totally catch.   He's a hot, nice, doctor that cares about people and has no problem raising other peoples kids and tries to actively get to know people in his girlfriends life.  Not a single person I dated in my 20's was half as much a catch as him lol.  I literally make fun of Tripp all the time, but Allie is doing him dirty right now.

• Members

Fair, but it doesn't make Tripp the dullest person on the show lol.  He sews okay?  

I just don't think all hope is lost with Tripp.  He needs more of an edge, but he hasn't been actively boring us for a decade and half.  They could make him more a villian or he could slip into the Mike Horton sort of role.  Honestly the Allie/Tripp/Chanel/Johnny story is the first time I have been interested in him so we will see where it goes.

• Members

Agreed that Tripp is a little boring, but that's more on the writing than on Lucas Adams. But on the other hand, Tripp is really handsome and an all-around great guy, the type of guy that you would want to spend the rest of your life with. 

But I also agree that the reveal of Allie and Chanel should make him a little darker or give him more of an edge. His change just needs to be more subtle, rather than becoming a full-on psycho. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Even if Tripp gets jaded about love and unwilling to open up to his future new girlfriend Joy Wesley lol.  Or he could start being self destructive and turn to drinking or he could become a manwhore and we can watch shirtless Lucas Adams run around town sleeping with all Salems ladies.  I wouldn't want him to change himself entirely.  Soaps need good guys like him.