Days of Our Lives: January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well I guess at least with Chanel it was more of a "charming" horny with him trying to woo her and what not, whereas with Gabi it's just, "I'll f-ck you in front of Jake if I have to." 

Please register in order to view this content

And I don't think they've given a good reason as the why Rafe doesn't dump Ava beyond not wanting to hurt her feelings.

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I almost think Gabi/Johnny might be interesting if they had any chemistry.  She does have a kid with his gay brother, but I could almost see where the show maybe could go with Johnny/Gabi as non-devil schemers.  Unfortunately, I feel like we are going to lose a lot of funny, sexy, scheming things Johnny could do once he's not Possessed because he'll be "good" again.

Again, with Rafe/Ava if I thought they were truly in love and had chemistry I might buy Rafe wanting to believe the best in her or something.  But he doesn't even seem to like her.

I actually really like AZ/Nicole in jeans.  It's a good look for her.

• Members

I am not complaining either, but I wish there was a reason the Devil completely changed it's course of action.  Even if JoDevil just said he was laying low on the Cin baby for awhile to throw suspicion off the devil.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I am amused at the hypocrisy, lol! Satan breaks things off with Chanel and then Chanel is absolutely devastated and then to show her devastation, Chanel sleeps with Ali. Satan makes a pass at Gabi in which Ali sees which makes Ali inform Chanel of what she saw. Then, both Chanel and Ali are like:  "Johnny is such a jerk!"

I guess lesbian affairs do not equivocate to the laws of heteronormativity I suppose.

• Members

I don't think it's exactly hypocritical or devaluing lesbian affairs.  Johnny publicly and cruelly dumped Chanel.  Chanel wasn't looking to end the relationship with Johnny at all.  He told her it was done with basically no hope. I don't really even consider Chanel cheating because her marriage is over in all but name.  Allie is taking cheating on Tripp seriously.

I don't think Johnny kissing Gabi is worse than Allie/Chanel, but Johnny's behavior to Chanel and overall is awful.  Of course, this will all be messy when the devil leaves Johnny, but I don't think the show is saying straight cheating is worse than "gay" cheating.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by carolineg

• Members

What's gonna happen, though, when the devil is finally banished, and Johnny's soul is restored to him?  Will he even remember dumping Chanel?  Will Chanel feel compelled to reconcile with Johnny -- and deny her growing feelings for Allie in the process?  And how will Johnny take it when he learns that not only have Chanel and Allie slept together, but that they're STILL sleeping together, behind his back (because, if they aren't, then there's no damn story)?  Will Johnny return to the "dark side" -- this time without the devil's help?

It just might be the only GOOD thing to come out of this horrible mishmash of "Salem's Lot" and "The Exorcist."