Days of Our Lives: January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Here's what I would have wanted to see (and what I know I'm not gonna get)...

I would have liked to have seen Chloe get outraged on Nancy's behalf -- because, after all, he still cheated on his wife, regardless of the other person's gender -- while Joy, now SORASed into teenagehood, defends her dad.  And I would have liked to have seen Nancy surprise Chloe by defending Craig as well, telling her that now is NOT the time to lash out at her father or reject him.  Heck, she could even remind Chloe of some of her own, past mistakes, telling her she's in no position to judge anyone!

Privately, Nancy could feel anguished, and she could collapse into tears over the thought that her husband has betrayed her (and with another man).  Deep down, she might want to remain married to Craig; she might even contemplate suicide at the thought of being alone.  But it would be imperative NOT to see her grovel and beg Craig not to leave, because that goes against how Nancy has always been portrayed.  Craig could grovel -- he realizes he's attracted to other men, but he loves his family too much to walk away -- but Nancy should find the maturity to tell Craig he can't keep living a lie because he's afraid of losing his family.  So, Craig leaves town with Leo his new boyfriend.

I'd really want to see Nancy grow and transform from this experience.  I'd want to see Nancy adjust to life without Craig; as a single mother, raising Joy, who's now raising hell, trying to seduce whichever dupe has fallen for Chloe at the moment; and maybe deal with some long-buried insecurities and such.  (Heck, if Doug Marland were writing this story, he'd have Nancy go into therapy).  Maybe she DID keep her head in the sand when it came to her husband's true sexuality.  Maybe she was just so thrilled to prove everyone in her life wrong about her by landing a "catch" like Craig Wesley.  Craig and Nancy were never written that way in the past, of course, but this particular storyline has now forced a retcon of sorts.  (Like I said, their fans will never buy it, but now it's like they kinda have no choice.)

And then...I'd want to see Nancy tentatively embark on a new relationship; if not with someone already on canvas, then with someone new.  (Actually, I'd prefer someone new.  Salem is incestuous enough.) I say "tentatively," because Nancy should fear that any new relationship she begins is doomed to fail.  She's been too hurt to trust her heart to another man -- now, or ever.  Nancy and the new guy could reach a point where it looks like it might get serious, but Nancy gets cold feet and tells him she's not ready. 

But, I'd want Nancy to have an epiphany when she, Joy and a very reluctant Chloe go out of town for Craig and his bf's wedding.  Craig and Nancy should have closure, with Craig encouraging her to "trust her heart," or some mess.  And Nancy should return to Salem, ready to do just that, except...Chloe needs her at that moment, because she's just learned that Joy has been sleeping with Philip (or Brady, or Rex, or whoever the hell Chloe's with that week).

At least, that's what I want.  But, like I said, I know I'm not gonna get any of it.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Is the Dimera island house a redressed set or a new one? I can't tell.

And yeah, I'm totally looking forward to more Belle and EJ scenes 

Please register in order to view this content

I just hope they build up the story really well and establish conflict between Shawn and Belle so she actually has a reason to cheat though

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

• Members

I don't have a problem in theory with Craig coming out since Spirtas has been flaming for so long. I would've preferred he come out as bi, because that continues to give a segment of the audience that rooted for the couple their wish fulfillment love story. We can put it any number of delicate ways but characters like Nancy (pre-wig!!) or Traci Abbott on Y&R or whoever else serve a purpose for a lot of women who aren't size zero and I think that can be respected while still breaking new ground. I guess we'll see how it goes.

I like William Christian, but I vividly remember when they recast Derek on AMC with Charles Parnell. Fans were outraged by the loss of a longtime vet but we all quickly discovered Parnell was at that time one of the hottest men alive. He had some throwaway scenes with Bobbie Eakes that were scorching.

• Members

I said my piece about this enough on here, but my problem is with the couple not the story.  Let's be real, people have been side-eyeing this couple forever and of course he's gay.  It was never real!  This story would just never happen to a younger, sexier couple and it rubs me the wrong way.  To be honest I wasn't overly curious about what Nancy and Craig were up to.    I am more curious about Joy and Parker.  I think it would be one thing if Nancy/Craig were consistently on the canvas and this played out over a period of time, but they have off screen for years.  It just feels like it cheap and for shock value, but that's Ron and here we are.

• Members

Well, on the other hand, maybe this isn't Craig after all and we're all making a mountain out of a molehill. Maybe it's the evil machinations of Philip Kiriakis himself wearing a mask to DUH! Look like Craig.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Lol!  I didn't think I was invested in Nancy and Craig at all until this.  I don't think the actors have amazing chemistry or a love story for the ages or anything, but they did have fans.  And they did have an unconventional story and it was fine.  I don't think anyone was asking for Nancy/Craig angst lol.

Idk, it just that Chad, for example, would never come out as gay even though BF would probably kill that and his new career as a drag queen lol.  And Chad has had more homoerotic scenes than Craig ever has.  But I digress... This can be a good story it just is shi**ing on another good story I guess.

Edited by carolineg