• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Both need to go for good. 

Jason has NOTHING left to offer. They nuked that when they failed to merged Jason Q and The Bot into one entity. That was the last thing that would've made the character an ounce more interesting. 

Jax has never been interesting (to me) since his initial run on the show. 

Kill them both off and few others too. 

• Members

I can't disagree, but sadly the show has never cared about getting rid of the worst dead weight. If Burton loses his job because of a vaccine mandate, he will become a martyr and a god to the deeply conservative viewer base. 

• Members

I would agree if Ingo is out now he's out for good unless it's a brief stint for Joss or Vanessa returns and they decide to use Jax for something Brenda related.  Otherwise, Jax is literally useless and has been for years.

The only thing about IR is that he does seem to have a base of very vocal followers due to his stance on things.   I don't think anyone who is in the industry or soaps, but I wonder if those "fans" would cause a lot of noise.

• Members

They would, but likely not enough to make the show care. He has been useless to GH for 15 years or more. He would likely just go do a podcast with a former Bernie Sanders devotee where they talk about how you should shove horse paste up your ass, or whatever. 

• Members

Outside of the Carly pairing, the mixed married stuff, and the Brenda returns/Skye story, Ingo has done nothing the last 2 decades.  I like Jax and always have, but if he never returned after he left in 2000 I don't think most would care lol.  He got an entire career out of a year and half love triangle, so I don't feel bad for Ingo.  And he can spew his nonsense elsewhere.  I wish I never knew anything about his personal beliefs and what not because I think it has completely skewed my view of Jax as a character because of Ingo.

• Members

For sure.  If it's a Joss related issue a recast is fine.  If it's a pairing thing, with let's say Brenda/Carly/Skye etc, I would just pass.  I don't need a recast on that.  I'd rather a new character be created than a recast.  I would lean toward killing Jax off in general, but if it all comes to a firing I assume they would just write him out instead.   He could very easily jet offscreen to Australia, to find Jerry, to find Brenda etc.  

• Members

It will hit his ego, though. It did last time; he thought he was too big to be let go. The big CBS/Y&R fanfare over his hiring back in 2012 was in part a sop to his pride.

I don't care what gets him out, or for how long, so long as he's gone.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Cameron has done well so far, better than I anticipated though I've never disliked him. As a SEAL it is also easy to slot Drew into a law-abiding Jason-style role like the more white hat action heroes GH has often had, from Scorpio and Anna to Frisco and old school Luke, or even Dante and Lucky (neither of whom had their potential fully realized). The issue with the reign of the mob is all of those classic GH archetypes were simply rolled into Jason.

Edited by Vee

• Members

No, it doesn't. This is a public health issue. I'd push for the removal of anyone who did this, and I was fairly certain until the last 24 hours that Burton was vaccinated despite my distaste for his character onscreen.

• Members

To be clear, I obviously think everyone should be vaccinated and it is our civic duty to protect each other from a deadly virus.  Those that refuse are not only ignorant of science, but they are also bad citizens who do not deserve to benefit from the richness of our society.

When I equate this situation with McCarthism, what I am suggesting is that using a public health crisis to start rumors on social media due to a distaste for an actor, or the character that they portray, is akin to accusing actors of communism because of a disagreement about their perceived political stance which is how the Hollywood blacklist was created.  And denying the obvious reasons that this rumor can be debunked is like saying someone is guilty before they are charged.

As for the argument that anyone would want even their favorite actor or character fired if they weren't vaccinated, I would retort that I doubt that one would spread unsubstantiated rumors about their favorite star nor would they delight in their unemployment.  Therefore, it is the tone that I find distasteful, regardless of our agreement on the base issue.

Edited by j swift