GH: Rumors regarding the vaccine mandate

• Members

Unless the WHO and the CDC is putting people in front of a Congressional committee for hours on end, asking them to "name names" of the suspected unvaccinated, I think the analogy to McCarthyism is a poor one. I spent time reading about writers and artist who actually suffered under the blacklists, many had to move to Mexico and Europe just to make a living. Having conservatives in Congress dragging someone before a committee, badgering them to name other people who may or may not have a political affiliation is different from a private company that sets it's own policies. Also, Communism may have been seen as a scourge but it wasn't a highly transmissible, deadly disease that could kill within days. If anything, at least tuberculosis and the scare it produced in the late 19th, early 20th century might have made a more apt analogy. 

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's not what happened here.

If you want me to not delight in the alleged dismissal of an actor who's dominated the show for the century thus far and whose boorish BTS behavior has been an issue more than once, including pushing a pyramid scheme onscreen and to fans which should've gotten him fired, you better call a traffic cop.

• Members

But that was only IF it got buried. To be fair...which was the point.

Please register in order to view this content

I said time would tell. And then it was going to turn into a back and forth that I kindly decided to be the better man and let go.  

Personally, I don't mind the speculation and waiting for the tea and news to truly drop so we can truly dish. 

#preach

I agree as well. And just seem very obvious a while ago on screen that even his co-workers were now reacting a specific way to him onscreen than they were before. And it seem obvious Ingo was also being more...hmmm I would say too close to comfort...in a way with his coworkers on-screen that I had not accosciated with Jax before now. His views had now tainted the character he played. 

• Members

Just to have a little fun with the possibility of SBu exiting GH:

For Y&R Fans, a poll on how you would feel about SBu returning to play Dylan on Y&R. Which answer expresses your feelings best?

A. I can hardly wait for SBu to return as Dylan!

B. I'd like for Dylan to return, but only if he bumps off Victor Newman.

C. I'd like for Dylan to return, but only if he has a steamy affair with Devon.

D. Who's Dylan?

For Days of Our Lives fans:

SBu's agent calls him up, saying, "We just got a call from Days. The casting director wanted to know if you'd ever played a zombie."

SBu: "Did they watch GH in the last twenty years?"

• Members

It's hard because I liked Jax.   I wanted to marry Jax in 1996 lol.  I don't really like most soap stars social media.  It makes me like them less more often than not.  It breaks the spell or 4th wall if you will.  Of course I know they are real people that are different from their characters, but it mostly makes me think it's an overshare.  Anyway, it is what it is.  I do think it's very awkward how publicly this has all been dragged out.   I in no way think it's appropriate for people to put others in danger medically by not getting vaxxed, but I also feel a little weird guessing about GH actors vax status.  Again it's fair game because the people involved are putting it out there but after the 2 years the world has had it's just an ugh to me

• Members

I completely understand. And feel the same way in terms of vaccination. 

I mean if it's really him, I will admit to being surprised. I would he would know better after his own covid incident. I mean...it did still happen, right? I think it's part of the reason the last leg of this Carly/Jason/mob and Nixon Falls arc became so disjointed (and also hinted at Jax maybe biting it in a mob hit). And like mentioned earlier, I had assumed he was vax (cuz not everyone based in Nashville is an anti-v) so if true, I cannot say that it is not going to color my personal opinion of him, especially since it does shoot down a lot of the current stories that I'm actually liking (just finished 10-22 earlier today). I am also going to SMH at the irresponisbilities because one has to think of ALL the actors and characters he's been around. Leslie C immediately comes to mind and that makes me just a little bit irked. Sorry. Light tangent.

• Members

It's just left me really going hmmm ... and thinking if it's both vaccinations and something else we haven't heard about yet. LOL. Who knows? Fun to speculate (on the unknown aspect I built up LOL, not about who is or isn't vaccinated of course)

Edited by KMan101

• Members

As someone who grew up on Y&R but no longer watches, part of me thinks that maybe I have no right to answer this question, but I did see Burton's first run on Y&R and honestly, I wouldn't be interested in a Dylan return, the character had become dead weight by the time of Burton's exit. An initial return might give Nikki something to do initially, but with JG's writing, that would last all of a week. Paul's no longer on the canvas, Sharon has Rey, who is basically a Dylan replacement. The Chance aspect has effectively taken the place of Dylan's disappearance. Also, if he is not vaccinated, what's the point? Y&R probably has more elder actors on the show than GH. Why put them at risk for a minor character who wasn't even known to the show's longtime fans until a few years ago? Not worth the trouble, imo.