GH: Rumors regarding the vaccine mandate

• Members

At this point, don't you think it's fair to assume SBu's probably well set for life?  I am sure he's not a billionaire, but he's been working on soaps for 30 years now steadily as a top earner most of the time.  Plus his juice, music, and side gigs.  I think he can choose this hill to die on if he feels like.  I think IR and SBu probably have more room to take their stands than MC or JW because they have more money in the bank.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He also likely makes a lot of $$$ in club dates and on podcasts listened to by people who will see him as a martyr for this. And, as you said, he knows he will be asked back sooner rather than later anyway. 

Once upon a time, a producer like Gloria Monty would have just said no way, GTFO, but that isn't what Frank or ABC are like anymore. In the long run, he will likely be rewarded for his selfishness, as he has been many times before.

• Members

And now SBu and IR can continue their stance and be considered heroic to a certain population of people.  And like most said, in a couple of years SBu at least will be welcomed back with fanfare.

Like many have said, I truly wonder if SBu really isn't vaxxed or if the optics of getting terminated for this prove to be an actual better bottom line for him considering the press it would bring him.

• Members

A part of me thinks if he was, he wouldn't be grinding quite so much at his age, but I do think being fired from GH for this reason would be better for him financially than staying on the show. He's perfect for Fox News, leather face and all.

• Members

If this is true, the show can move on and feature other men more. They do have a lot of men in Steve's/Jason's age range. I would like to see them elevate/do more with Sean Blackmore/Shawn on the show. He is handsome, charismatic and has good chemistry with a lot of people. They can possibly move him back in Carly's direction and do Sonny/Nina.

Cameron Mathison has also been doing a nice job as Drew and is one that tends to have chemistry with different people. They can really integrate him back into the Quatermaine fold. Shawn/Drew could be featured more in place of Jason's absence and they can even throw some more airtime to someone like Chase. He's not in that age range, but he's likeable and deserves to be featured more IMO.

Edited by xtr

• Members

As far as time will tell, I hope that if this rumor turns out to be debunked we will reconsider the source for future reporting. 

I'm not a particular fan of either actor, nor do I take any enjoyment from their potential unemployment, but I think this type of rumor sets a dangerous precedent.  People's health records and choices should not be gossip fodder, just as an actor's religious or political beliefs should not be a concern.  There's come a point where we should draw a line between our dislike for a character, or characterization, and our projections on to the actors.

This type of discussion reminds of the "red scare" of communism during the McCarty period.  We should not pretend to know people's motives or their morals based on social media para-relationships. 

I feel like we can discuss the outcome if this rumor proves to be true as far as it effects our fandom for the stories and characters on the show, but that is where I draw a line in terms of decency. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

Not all airlines require vaccination. Some only require negative tests, same goes for some venues. 

I dont care which actor it was. If it was Genie refusing Id be like You gotta bounce. Its not dislike for the actor, its that actor wont do whats required to not only keep his job but keep those safer around him at work

• Members

This is not true - per the New York state website

Vaccination and Mask Policy for Shows in New York

The owners and operators of all theatres in New York State will continue to require vaccinations for audience members, as well as performers, backstage crew, and theatre staff, for all performances through the end of the year. Masks will also be required for audiences inside the theatre, except while actively eating or drinking in designated locations.

“Fully vaccinated” means on the date of the performance a guest is at least 14 days after their second dose of a two dose COVID-19 vaccine OR at least 14 days after their single dose of an approved single dose COVID-19 vaccine.

Also, while airlines do not require vax proof for travel, LAX does

City of Los Angeles Traveler Form
To help stop the spread of COVID-19, Los Angeles requires all travelers entering the city from another state or country to fill out this online form, acknowledging that they have read and understood the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) Travel guidance. All travelers over the age of 16 must submit this form online prior to or upon arrival at Los Angeles International Airport, Van Nuys Airport, or Union Station. Learn more at travel.lacity.org.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Im not just talking NY

Im sure if performers wanted to do shows in MI where I live, they could find venues that do not require vaccinations to perform in. There are places like this in most states still, sadly

Look I hope all cast/Crew from GH would get vaccinated. Best way to keep all safe. They had a deadline, NOV 1. Those who remain unvaccinated, need to bounce. Plain & simple.