GH: Rumors regarding the vaccine mandate

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I am completely speculating since I have never met the guy but I suspect the Big Name would have gotten the vaccine if the mandate had not been publicized
But now that they said that only vaccinated actors can work on the show, with an ego like his, staying on would be sending the signal that he caved for money and I guess that's not the public image he wants to send.
As Vee said, despite knowing his politics, I thought the bottom line would be more important but now I wonder if not being able to do it on the downlow meant he had to pick which hill to die on.

Additionally, I suspect he figures all this will blow over and be irrelevant in a couple of years (and at the pace at which the American public seems to forget horrors of merely six months ago, maybe even sooner) and that he will be able to return with fanfare, like he did despite his bitter departure the first time around.

• Members

I am only speculating as well, but following on social media and seeing his touring schedule over the past month, it seems implausible that he hasn't been vaxed.  He would have difficulty flying and booking small venues without proof of vaccination.

• Members

That also seems implausible since their comedy tour has booked weekends on the east coast, which would take too long and be too expensive to travel by bus, and he has toured in states that require performers in small theaters to show proof of vaccination.

• Members

Again, I just know what I can see on social media.  Burton's instagram notes that he is booked for Syracuse in December.  New York state instituted a policy in order to get Broadway re-opened that all performers in enclosed venues show proof of vaccination, there are no airlines don't require either proof, or a COVID test, and in California we get digital vax registration which reduces the risk of fraudulent vax cards.  So, the rumor seems easily disproved.