GH: Rumors regarding the vaccine mandate

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't know why this recalcitrance has gotten underneath my skin, but it has.

So, I emailed Greg Evans, the Deadline writer who reported on the controversy over the vax mandate at GH in August.  He replied that not only had he not heard the rumor about Steve Burton being fired, but he was certain that if actors were being fired then production would put out a statement to the press.

However, if anyone wants to persist in believing unsubstantiated rumors from Twitter or other social media poseurs, then I know an actor who I'm sure still has a supply of magic juice in his garage that he'd be willing to sell.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Which they haven't done yet but could at any moment, and I didn't get my info from Twitter or from 'social media poseurs'. You will note there has been no denial, only silence. And frankly, Deadline is often the last to know re: soap news. Daytime is considered beneath them and so they are easily rolled by soap execs bc their interest in digging deeper is negligible. Whereas the actual soap press are simply bought into silence on scandals due to their symbiotic relationship with the daytime end of the networks, as they have been since the '60s.

But you're right, I'm sure none of us can think of a reason why GH would try to keep a lid on a major firing of the biggest star of their show for 20 years until such time as they can't avoid it any longer.

Edited by Vee

• Members

It's also Friday, which may mean a Friday news dump in the afternoon (for those of you who simply believe everything you read, a Friday news dump is what politicians or companies often do when faced with bad news - dump it at 5 PM over the weekend). Or they may be trying to salvage the situation and convince Burton to get vaxxed before having to go to the press and face the music. Who knows.

Edited by Vee

• Members

With all due, now we are just defying logic.  How can production deny a rumor that hasn't gotten any traction or made it to the press?  That's why you can't prove a negative.

Using this line of reasoning, should we also wait for word whether or not Nurse Jessie Brewer will rise from the dead to provide vaccinations on set?

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

Please don't say 'with all due respect' when you're not showing any. And please stop pretending you were born yesterday and have no idea how these kind of situations often work re: PR, both in daytime and outside of it. This rumor is making traction, but as the network has done many times before, they're ignoring it for as long as they can because it's only buzzing among fans online, because all the soap blogs - which do have the information already - have openly said they are unable to report on it at present or speak about it due to their own symbiotic relationships with the networks. They are under a gag order. This is verifiable if you look, which you won't do because your personal ego is now invested in a one-sided debate you have invented unto yourself re: the moral imperative of actors being fired due to vaccine noncompliance and how fans should talk about them.

Anyway: Your credulousness and discomfort with this discussion is not any of our shared responsibility or problem. If you're unhappy with the way this rumor is being discussed, the solution is to use your browser to click out of the tab or go back to the main forum. Best of luck.

Edited by Vee

• Members

People are openly discussing a gag order to the point that it is verifiable?!? Citation please?

Because I would appreciate another public figure being fired for defying vaccination compliance.  As was the case with Laura Osnes, the broadway actress fired for refusing vaccination, getting the message out that lack of compliance has consequences is good for the cause of those of us in public health who want to see as many people vaccinated as possible.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I don’t see why anybody is surprised the news hasn’t been posted yet. This is going to be a shitstorm when it’s announced  I don’t blame them for keeping quiet. Also, Y&R’s Executive Producer was accused of sexual assault on set and the show and network hasn’t fired him or released a statement. Not reporting on major soap stories isn’t something rare.

• Members

A lot of the tweets pertaining to the sites being required or choosing to keep mum were already posted upthread, but again, I didn't get my confirmation from Twitter or any of those people. That being said, most of those sites and/or the daytime press are being silent until it breaks because they don't want to bite the hand that feeds. Given that in this business there are almost no hands left.

As Chris said just above me, this is extremely common in the daytime industry with a rapidly shrinking and often compliant soap press which has happily buried stories or sat on them to keep good relations with the networks or shows for decades now. You have watched soaps and been a part of soap fandom long enough to know about plenty of those situations as well as I do, so please don't act brand new now.

Exactly. Where is this supposed deep credulousness re: the Morina scandal? Or RKK? Or Tom Eplin? Or maybe other things that went underreported.

• Members

@VeeIt was telling that Daytime Confidential almost immediately had to delete their story about Morina and never mentioned it again.

These outlets can’t afford to report on these stories and risk being blacklisted when they need access to cast for interviews, spoilers, etc. 

When the Steve/Ingo need drops, this is going to likely be picked up by Fox News and could be a huge PR mess. I personally wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t say anything until their exits air. 

• Members

People are surely tweeting and leaving Insta comments all over the place. If SB was vaccinated and not about to be fired seems simple enough that he would say so (and can’t see a reason GH would stop him).  I figured he would attempt a religious exemption or something. Either way this speculation is interesting and no one is saying it’s 100 percent but it also doesn’t seem to be out of nowhere and totally unfounded.

• Members

Bored, so looked up a few possibilities for a new or temp Jason, with possible permanent or temp out Steve Burton,  Sean Carrigan (ex Ben "Stitch" Rayburn, Y&R 47), Shawn Christian(ex-Daniel Jonas, DAYS, ex-Mike Kasnoff, ATWT,et al, 55), Brian Gaskill (ex-Rafe Kovitch, PC/GH, ex-Bobby Warner, AMC, 51), Scott DeFrietas (ex-Andy Dixon, ATWT, 51), Kyle Lowder(ex-Rex Brady Brady Black, Gh, ex-Rick Forrester, B& B, 41), or Billy Miller (exDrew Cain, formerly was Jason), 42    I  would choose Gaskill or Carrigan, maybe DeFrietas.

Edited by David_Vickers