GH: Rumors regarding the vaccine mandate

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The first time I remember seeing Rademacher was on a show called Paradise Beach, that was running on WPIX 11, a NYC television network. Of all the actors on that short-lived soap, he was probably the one who seemed to have the least acting ability. Still, I wasn't surprised to see him turn up on American television. I am surprised that such a mediocre actor lasted so long.

I guess the illusion of being a nice guy took him far. Now, that illusion has burst into the open and here we are.

• Members

I am going to be honest.  I don't think Ingo is that bad of an actor.  I think when he gets decent material (which is rare) he's actually pretty good.   I think he's someone who actually improved a lot from when he started.   Plus, he used to be charismatic as hell.

Anyhow, I thought he was a super chill, nice guy for years.  I thought he was underused and got the crap end of the stick for MB/Sonny and loved when he called SBu out about his juice stuff.   Weird how quickly things change.  

• Members

I think one can be effective at playing a certain type of specific role but overall, not a very good actor.

For instance, as much as I like Jennifer Hudson and I was pleased for her Oscar win, I think she is effective at playing a certain type of role, otherwise...nah. Fortunately, she's got a powerhouse voice (though the producers and songwriters have done her a disservice), so she has talent without question, but her acting range is limited.

• Members

I'm sure people were watching the news wonderful who the heck he was.

Please register in order to view this content

I think Ingo's acting is fine on the show. I do appreciate that Jax is the one character that gets to hate on Sonny and Jason, but besides that, Jax is really expendable. He really just has Joss and that's it, and she's 18 and at college now. He doesn't have a pairing or a story. There are no loose ends that need to be tied up with him. They could honestly just stop showing him and I wouldn't even notice. Or they could just say he needs to go back to Australia for business. It wouldn't affect anything, other than Joss has to find somewhere else to do her laundry.

• Members

Yeah, I get it.  I think he's pretty good at playing Jax.  I don't ever think IR is phoning in his performances.  I thought he was good with Brenda's 'death' and when she blew up at S&B's wedding and Jax started yelling at Sonny.  IR isn't going to win any awards, but I always thought he was serviceable.   I can't imagine him playing a bunch of other roles with range, so the way you are describing it is perfect.

I also agree with pretty much everybody that Jax does not need to be recast.  It is a character that has coasted on a triangle/pairing that has been over for 2 decades.

Wasn't there a rumor that he was very litigious and threatened to sue for wrongful termination?