Days of Our Lives: October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think showbiz stories can work but rarely do, bc few shows know how to execute. It too often comes back to 'making a film in town with the civilian characters as stars!' I like the idea of using entertainment industry characters like Dillon Q on GH, but his dreams never executed well onscreen. Megan on OLTL at least had her soap opera filming in town and was a proper actress. You can do it, but most soaps get so focused on finding a way to enmesh the characters and town into it without it feeling organic or sensible. I'd like to see it attempted with more intelligence - I think we need more artist characters like that. But DOOL's take is silly camp, again.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I like Guy Wilson and he looks very cute in these images... but this feels like a half-assed Harry Styles wannabe shoot.

Keeping this soap in silly, overdone camp is its downfall. The only character it works for is Anna DiMera, and that is thanks to the portrayal of Leann Hunley, who doesn't play it in a way that annoys or irks.

• Members

Rafe exists to drive the audience insane and make Nicole look pathetic with her mooning over him. They have ZERO chemistry or spark, yet the show has been pushing them for what feels like forever. Meanwhile, EJ and Nicole's chemistry was smoking hot in that last scene today. They're just nuts if they try to keep continuing this Nicole/Rafe crap after seeing AZ's chemistry with DF. 

• Members

I'm paraphrasing here, but DF did a podcast with SOD pretty recently and said that Albert told him that he needed to get back into shape like he was on Spartacus (presumably for future shirtlessness).

Why is the devil a Mr. T bitmoji 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AlexElizabeth