Days of Our Lives: October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

That short period of time when Galen left the show was so beautiful. I remember being so excited when news broke that he was leaving, and so annoyed when it was announced that he was coming right back. Why can't we have nice things?

Please register in order to view this content

I just want my Nicole out of Rafe (and Duke) hell so badly. The only way I can tolerate Rafe scenes is if EJ is there making fun of him. I want to see EJ pummel Rafe into the ground so bad. LOL

I wish Lucas had something to do besides wait for Alison Sweeney to return, lol, but clearly we're only going to see him a couple times a month until that happens. I did enjoy his recent two minutes of scenes with EJ. Since Lucas told EJ that he's investing in Johnny's movie (loved that little moment), let's actually get Lucas involved in that story. It would give him some much needed airtime and give him and EJ something to argue about until Sami comes back.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am going to be honest, never saw the appeal in the actor. Ever since watching Passions, he just comes off as basic in the look departments. Don't get me wrong, would love to have his body, but i find guys like Zander and new EJ to be WAY hotter. Maybe its the accent. 

• Members

Comparison is a bit unfair... one is a Photoshopped portrait and the other is an episode still. I will say this: since his debut, Eric Martsolf has definitely aged a bit, but is still gorgeous. Just a shame the writers continue to destroy the character of Brady by not giving Eric Martsolf enough material worthy of his abilities.

• Members

I feel like my brain dies anytime Chloe, Phillip, Brady, Rafe, Ava, and Nicole are on. It's straight up snoozeville.

It's odd that they NEVER have Ava interact with Tripp, too. Maybe put her back in her son's orbit and have her inspire an edge in him.

• Members

Agreed on that aspect. I like Eric Martsolf, but having Brady appear older than Sami & Eric and also seeming to be the same age as Kristen (Stacy Haiduk's version at least) is jarring. Kristen used to babysit Brady as a 3-year-old. But it is what it is, and it's been that way for 13 years now, so :::shrug::: 

• Members

LOL right? Why not more Ava/Tripp? Why is Ava not all in her son's business? Pushing him in certain directions, etc. 

So many character opportunities and it's like they just don't care to bother. (I also assume scheduling/guarantees plays a part but I feel like they can do better)

Wasn't it though? I was ecstatic. It was up there with Daniel's death for me and Shawn Christian leaving. I also was pretty happy when Scott said FU and EJ was killed like nothing. Dan's revived EJ for me. It's crazy how much I like the character now. Better writing for him helps.

Lucas is always wasted. There's initial promise everytime Bryan returns but then nothing except some pop ups. It's such a shame. Like I said, so many missed 'character opportunities'. More Lucas/Johnny vs. EJ would be nice. I love EJ's hatred of Rafe. It warms my heart.

If they kept Rafe as a side character who was a snarky cop I could deal. He's not a romantic lead. The character is just a warm body holding a spot on the canvas.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I liked today's show a lot.  But OMG the HD Jarlena flashbacks make her makeup look so purple and intense.  Also how on earth would Johnny be able to have the exact dialogue in the script?  Unless Sami was creeping around behind the door longer than we knew?  John have very valid points and Roman is all NBD it's over.