Jump to content

Days of Our Lives: October 2021 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
2 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

How are you enjoying the possession story when it's barely on?

Please register in order to view this content

 

How can you not when the rest of the show is garbage? LOL

 

But I LOL. It's true. I miss the DAYS when stories played out. They used to have a pretty good formula. The flow is terrible. We're lucky it's on as much as it is.

 

I know DAYS is trying with no budget, but having characters on for 2-4-6, even 8 episodes a month you aren't able to do what you normally would be able to. I get it but it totally affects story-line flow. And Ron was trained in 'play it to death then rest it'. I actually notice a better balance lately but it's still not great.

 

It's very hard to invest in on a daily basis. Saving episodes up and binging it is slightly better.

3 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

The possession story is such a flop. They shouldn't have even bothered.

 

You were never going to like it  lol

 

Hardly a flop. It's brewing. It hasn't even 'started' really. Trust me if it flops I'll be the first to shout it from the rafters.

Edited by KMan101
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
10 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

 

How can you not when the rest of the show is garbage? LOL

 

But I LOL. It's true. I miss the DAYS when stories played out. They used to have a pretty good formula. The flow is terrible. We're lucky it's on as much as it is.

Please register in order to view this content

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

I will say I wish The Possession 2.0 had been a Beyond Salem mini-series type story. A better budget and a clear focus, with a beginning, middle and end, would be fantastic. We'll see how this one goes. The fact is, for me, it's a bright spot on a fading show that I'm struggling to remain invested in. 

1 minute ago, Soapsuds said:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 minute ago, KMan101 said:

 

I will say I wish The Possession 2.0 had been a Beyond Salem mini-series type story. A better budget and a clear focus, with a beginning, middle and end, would be fantastic.

 

 

That's what I said when it first started. It should've been Beyond Salem 2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I'm giving the show the benefit of the doubt with MarDevil 2.0. It will last months. So we'll see. I hope the two year renewal leads to better plotted stories. But it's also Ron.

2 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

That's what I said when it first started. It should've been Beyond Salem 2.

 

100%

 

But I do think it gave the main show some initial buzz. And while TVGuide isn't what it once was, it still highlighted MarDevil. So I get why IF it were a decision (not saying it was of course) they'd say "let's do it on the main show" but of course it wasn't that deep. LOL

 

For me, time to move DAYS online LOL. I'm all for 'seasons'. 

Edited by KMan101
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
5 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

For me, time to move DAYS online LOL. I'm all for 'seasons'. 

Same

7 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

 

But I do think it gave the main show some initial buzz. And while TVGuide isn't what it once was, it still highlighted MarDevil. So I get why IF it were a decision (not saying it was of course) they'd say "let's do it on the main show" but of course it wasn't that deep. LOL

 

 

So far it hasn't helped. The ratings actually dropped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

My goodness, Gabi and Jake AGAIN today? This stuff with Jake crying over old mob memories is total crud.

Philip not being a jealous loser was nice for the two weeks that it lasted. He really asked Chloe if she f-cked Brady in the park. WTF.

I actually did watch Marlena with Ben and I can actually appreciate his reasons for not wanting a kid because they're 100% legit. He's totally right - he has no business bringing a child into the world even if it's what Ciara wants. The Devil wants that baby tho

Please register in order to view this content

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
18 hours ago, AlexElizabeth said:

My goodness, Gabi and Jake AGAIN today? This stuff with Jake crying over old mob memories is total crud.

Philip not being a jealous loser was nice for the two weeks that it lasted. He really asked Chloe if she f-cked Brady in the park. WTF.

I actually did watch Marlena with Ben and I can actually appreciate his reasons for not wanting a kid because they're 100% legit. He's totally right - he has no business bringing a child into the world even if it's what Ciara wants. The Devil wants that baby tho

Please register in order to view this content

 

It's startling how ... awful Gabi and Jake have become. LOL. The Kate 'story' didn't help. I also don't even see the same chemistry between Barash and Banus I once did.

 

With Ava cooking constantly and the Hernandez kitchen being such a focus can we get MarDevil setting Ava up with a Rafe murder? I'd be forever grateful. 

 

Different choices could be made with a lot of these characters and it could at least be watchable and almost interesting. But nope. Zzzz.

 

And why are they writing Philip like he's ready to be profiled on Dateline NBC? As someone who's struggling to remain interested watching, I assume he's going to have Jake kill Brady? But I assume Philip is the 'loser'. The writing could be SO MUCH BETTER. Sigh. I don't mind Philip pulling a Victor, so to speak (Victor was *bad* once upon a time) but the writing is hardly layered like once upon a time. Things that might seem good on paper don't translate because effort isn't taken.

 

Told ya'll The Devil was really about Cin. LOL. But it makes sense. I'd involve them too. It just always feels like Ben propping. He's right but I still roll my eyes. I just can't ever invest or care about him.

Edited by KMan101
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
23 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

 

It's startling how ... awful Gabi and Jake have become. LOL. The Kate 'story' didn't help. I also don't even see the same chemistry between Barash and Banus I once did.

 

With Ava cooking constantly and the Hernandez kitchen being such a focus can we get MarDevil setting Ava up with a Rafe murder? I'd be forever grateful. 

 

Different choices could be made with a lot of these characters and it could at least be watchable and almost interesting. But nope. Zzzz.

 

And why are they writing Philip like he's ready to be profiled on Dateline NBC? As someone who's struggling to remain interested watching, I assume he's going to have Jake kill Brady? But I assume Philip is the 'loser'. The writing could be SO MUCH BETTER. Sigh. I don't mind Philip pulling a Victor, so to speak (Victor was *bad* once upon a time) but the writing is hardly layered like once upon a time. Things that might seem good on paper don't translate because effort isn't taken.

 

Told ya'll The Devil was really about Cin. LOL. But it makes sense. I'd involve them too. It just always feels like Ben propping. He's right but I still roll my eyes. I just can't ever invest or care about him.

Yeah, maybe somebody does need to die as part of this possession story. Were any major characters killed off during the last possession? That would make this one different from the last one 

7 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

On this day ...

Please register in order to view this content

Still remember sitting at the edge of my bed, watching it and shouting, “Oh... what the f..k?”

I didn’t expect it to be so violent lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
18 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

On this day ...

Please register in order to view this content

I remember when the original aired with Guy and when Will laid there dead, I thought  "Wow this is Guy's best work. He'd make a great Victim #3 on L&O SVU." 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Agreed on Gabi and Jake, which socks as Gabi and Stefan with Barash first coming on was fantastic, I could have watched them on repeat. Total opposite with Jake so of course they drag that out. 

100% yes to the devil setting Ava up for offing Rafe...that would be fantastic. 

I am wondering how much of the Possession is going to consume the show as they could do so much to involve all of Salem, they have nothing to lose and between the Cin baby and a fantasy of Ava/Rafe plus Jarlena in family, I hope they go berserk. 

Still hoping for zombies and a more Gothic tone as we head towards Halloween but tones and soaps don't to together anymore. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I knew Ron would do this. The way he and FV over-rotated characters and stories plays well for DAYS' micro-budget and guarantees so it's natural he brought that structure of storytelling over from GH. But as has been said so often at both shows and eras, the problem is there is rarely consistency; people will go for weeks without being seen and events happen offscreen. You can't do that with something as big as the Possession. If it's back next week great, but I don't hold out hope for Ron to learn how to re-structure his show. He also gets various characters into story ruts and leaves them there forever (most of the rest of the canvas lol).

JKJ looks like a lizard and poor Nadia Bjorlin has had some especially glaring work done since last I saw her. Oof. Eric Martsolf is still hot and unappreciated AFAIC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy