Days of Our Lives: October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah he does. And unfortunately, angry Philip is basically all we get these days. I like JKJ but he sounded constipated when Philip was yelling at Chloe on Friday. LOL

I agree that Chloe needs a stronger direction. She's on plenty but doesn't have a real story outside of whether she's going to bang Philip or Brady. It's literally just the same scene on repeat. Philip catches Brady and Chloe in a close moment, misinterprets things, and gets angry. It's so stale for all three characters.

EM has aged amazingly well. I do think Brady needs a rest or at least a fresh story that has nothing to do with his love life. All he does is jump from woman to woman. It's time for Brady to start snorting cocaine again, lol.

• Members

This doesn't illustrate what you think it does, teeheehee!

That's because Kyle Lowder always looked ridiculous.

Chloe has had every possible demeaning story in the last 20 years short of being abducted by aliens or sold into slavery. I love Nadia but the potential there is burnt AFAIC. She should be gone 5-10 years but Ken Corday can't stop rehiring her (or a lot of other folks).

• Members

Chloe and many others need a new direction. However that is the thing with soaps, it about creating drama between couples. 

Why can't Chloe run a successful music school funded by drug lords?

Another could be age her daughter to a teen and cause tension between her and the daughter.  Daughter becomes a massive pop singer and goes on a downfall spiral with the success, that leads to drugs, alcohol and do a Britney story where she is under a conservatorship by her mother and the dark side of it.

Edited by gtru1981

• Members

Days is on fire! Thanks Ron Carlivati for your brilliance! You have the viewers hooked! They claim that they don't watch but yet they complain about every scene (that they don't watch). Thank you again Ron Carlivati for keeping Days on the air and for keeping us watching!!!! 

• Members

I will say it often feels like Chloe is just ... here to be here so I can understand the feeling of 'played out'. I'd like a little more investment. A POV would help. 

lol I have too. I'd probably prefer to live with Craig and Nancy too LOL. Imagine the fun and the arguments. I wish they were around. Why not use them ala Justin/Adrienne-Bonnie? 

Ron should have teenage Parker find out Philip is his bio daddy and then we can bring back Stephanie.

Exactly. So many things they could do with her. Joy could be in the music industry. There you go. And they dropped the ball on Chloe/Claire.

I can see the burn out on Chloe. The character needed longer than just a year/few months rest here and there.

We were so damn close to Rafe gone forever. Siiiigh. Whhhhy do they hate us? LOL

Personally I'd rest Brady and bring back Paul

Edited by KMan101

• Members

It is weird they don't pop up more often. PD does it on Y&R so she is clearly open to doing one episode at a time to advance story.
But I guess Chloe has no story to advance.

I am personally of the opinion no character is ever "played out". They may not inspire the current writing regime but with so many layers and history, inspiration can turn a character into something interesting again.
Clearly hasn't happened to Chloe or Phillip or Brady in a while.
But look at Lucas: the writing for Lucas has been atrocious for 90% of his time on the show and when he was written out we can't say he was missed story-wise (I still missed him but he wasn't essential to stories).
And yet with a writer that wanted to play him it has worked so beautifully!

• Members

Poor Lucas has been a joke for a long time for the same reasons as Chloe, Phillip, Rafe, Shawn, Belle, etc. Corday can't let them go yet refused to invest in them when they actually worked (not that Rafe ever did IMO). Lucas escaped this fate for a long time and was frontburner until E.J. become fully ascendant, but he's been the goat for years despite the brief recent resurgence. That will end now. And yet they keep them on because Corday can't accept letting things go.

• Members

I totally forgot Chloe had a sister named Joy. lol.  Reasons why i thought she had a daughter. Same thing could happen, Joy is aged to early 20's and becomes a massive famous pop singer. Chloe gets jealous and hooks her on booze and pills to convince her parents to create a conservatorship and ala , Britney storyline in the making.

Edited by gtru1981