Days of Our Lives: October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I too had to laugh at Tripp sewing the whole episode. Poor Tripp. I like Lucas Adams, and I don't dislike Tripp. They just don't do anything with him, which makes for a really boring character. I really wish they had kept Charlie around. Imagine how much more interesting Tripp could be right now if he had a brotherly rivalry going on. Having Charlie around would also make Tripp and Allie's relationship more interesting. Their scenes today were SO boring. Talking about putting Henry to bed and what to have for dinner? Lord. Tripp/Ava/Charlie also had a lot of potential with their family dynamic, so naturally they killed Charlie off, Tripp is stuck sewing on Allie's couch, and Ava is trapped in Rafe's kitchen. They were totally just trying to meet Lucas Adams' guarantees today.

That was me today when the episode started with Chloe and Brady lol. I did enjoy Kate's line, "Isn't Chloe aware that Brady's just the kind of guy that makes people want to punch him?" LMAO! Omg, Philip sees Chloe and Brady AGAIN. How many times can we see this scene?!

• Members

Possibly, but I would rather watch a full hour of Possession flashbacks than Nicole/Rafe, Gabi/Jake, Justin/Bonnie, etc.   At least the flashbacks are entertaining.

My other gripe about yesterday is are Roman/Kate getting back together?  I am sure most don't care, but I always thought they were decent.  They keep having similar scenes of are they or aren't they and they aren't on enough for it to go anywhere.   Just put them back together already.   Poor Roman will be 85 by the time Kate makes up her mind.  

• Members

Kate with her boys is always my favorite. Marginalized as she is, Kate will always be my favorite Days character.

I do love how much both of Phillip’s parents hate Chloe.

The writers really have no idea what to do with Phillip/Chloe/Brady.

I’m enjoying the possession storyline quite a bit. I also love seeing discourse between John and Marlena as I’ve never seen them argue.

• Members

I am really happy to say I fully agree. She is my fave too and I am so glad they are keeping her around despite the obvious fact they go long stretches without really knowing what to do with her.
But she has so much history to bounce off of and a great chemistry and sense of humor with many - Lucas/Kate never ceases to entertain me - so it works.
Roman and Kate are fine by me but there is no conflict there so it feels a bit like parking two characters with decent chemistry and nothing else to do rather than a real story development

• Members

This stuff with the four musketeers in jail is awful. Bonnie and Justin are the most eye-roll-worthy couple.

I enjoyed EJ/Nicole, and was really happy that Nicole finally had an episode where her scenes had nothing to do with Rafe. He wasn't even mentioned

Please register in order to view this content

Kayla pretending to be drunk was fun. When she spilled that drink on EJ, I was hoping it would lead to him taking his clothes off (yes right there at Julie's Place), but of course I can't have nice things. Let's keep having Nicole mix it up with different people and get involved in some drama with EJ. She is so much better away from Rafe. LOL at EJ just being like, "God I hate them [Steve and Kayla]."

Surely Kristen has been using a burner phone to contact EJ. How does Steve think he's going to get any info from EJ's phone?

• Members

If the show wants to keep Judi Evans around, I say they need to just make her Adrienne already. I don't care what stupid explanation they come up with. Just say that Bonnie is somehow Adrienne.

Bonnie is so watered down and played out that she's not in the slightest bit entertaining anymore. Justin just looks stupid being with her. I have no idea why Bonnie is still on the show.

Say she's Adrienne and use that as a way to get Sonny and Will back in Salem.

• Members

I mean, didn't Albert Alarr tell Judi to play her more like Adrienne? LOLz. He's such a weak producer IMO. I know they love him but yeah ...

I thought Judi and Wally were done on DAYS for a while but I guess not? I'm confused on their status for sure. It feels like a case of "we like Wally and Judi" when there's really no need for Justin or Bonnie. I love them both too but unless you make her Adrienne ... who cares? They're very ancillary. It could be better if they tried or wanted to try. They don't and aren't so why keep them hanging around?

Let Craig and Nancy recur like Justin and Bonnie do.

Kate is sooo much more recognizable and likable to me when she's with Philip and Lucas and even Mumbles Mouth Roman. It just works so much better. I love Lauren Koslow but Kate's been lost for a long time and so many terrible plots and 'romances'. She's needed a 'reset' and this feels like a good start. Quieter time for her is not a bad thing.

I feel like there should be no question that Sydney is a hellion like Sami. Allie had potential (not saying she should have been like Sami, that wouldn't work for me, but she had some fire to her) but man she's so boring now.

Tripp and Allie don't have to be so damn boring. It's a lazy choice because they just aren't that interested in them.

It also doesn't feel like the show is any rush to bring on Will and Sonny regularly so that's kinda why I lean on dumping Justin/Adrienne-Bonnie. Free up the room to write in other people to recur. Just seems like they don't want to pull the trigger on the story or bring on Will/Sonny so they're just "here to be here". 

They COULD have Justin take on more of a paternal role towards Brady and Philip, like they have Ned becoming Edward Jr. on GH. But they rarely use him with them. So if effort isn't going to be made ...

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I like Allie but yeah, they've sure made her boring. It's all I could think about during her scenes yesterday. This is a girl in her early-mid 20s, and her biggest concerns are putting her kid to bed and what to make Tripp for dinner (while he's on the couch sewing). This is the best we can do with Sami's daughter?

Allie and Tripp are only interesting when Johnny and Chanel are in scenes with them.

• Members

Adrienne could have 'picked up the mantle' from Hope/Jennifer but instead we have this Adrienne/Bonnie hybrid mess that even Ron has lost interest in. Sigh.

I keep circling back around to "Ron just isn't emotionally invested". He gets "high" on an idea and plays it out but then the characters suffer afterwards. It's simplifying the issue but I'm noticing it way more than I have in the past with him. Effort has to be made.

Script writers usually 'save the day' but I do think they could spice up some of the characters a bit on their own.

• Members

They really need to push the Tripp/Johnny rivalry. That could cause problems for all four of them. The quad themselves has been kind of sidelined since the movie stuff began, which I get but I don’t think that’ll last too long. What would be really great to see is a storyline that has to do with the circumstances around Johnny’s conception.