Days of Our Lives: October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

ITA - the set-up for making Marlena vulnerable was botched. It could've been easy: She's simply the most unqualified doc in soaps. They could've played on this - her recordings get leaked by The Intruder, someone gets hurt, deep secrets revealed, etc. her license is suspended and she has to face she's a terrible doctor. The town turns on her and she's a pariah. 

However, DH, like all actors, has a limit on episode appearances, so they probably had to sacrifice the set-up and jump into it. 

• Members

Watching Thursday's episode and Gabi/Ciara scenes are almost as painful as Ben/Ciara. Gabi whining about how Philip is trying to steal her company. Um, is she not doing the same thing with Titan? 

Please register in order to view this content

I hate her. And here's Ciara pretending she knows a damn thing about making good business decisions. This girl is beyond vapid, please stop trying to convince us that she's smart and successful in the working world. I wish a nuke would get dropped on the pub and blow up Gabi, Ciara, Ben, and Jake. And why are Ben and Ciara announcing to the whole town that they're raw dogging it? Jesus, nobody cares. Literally all these two do is make out and f-ck. Absolute worst couple on daytime by a mile.

I did laugh at MarDevil texting Ben to ask how the procreation was going. LMAO.

Also, why does Bayview not have their own psychiatrists who take over Doug's care from Marlena? Why is a psychiatrist from the hospital 100% in control of Doug's care at a psych facility? lol

Who is this cartoon mobster with the slicked-back hair that Jake is talking to? Lordy! I don't care about this.

Oh no! Abe! Hopefully this will lead to some good Lani/Gabi drama. Lani shot Stefan, and now Jake's actions led to Lani's dad getting shot.

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

Exactly. Lots of great ideas.

And LMAO at "who's writing this? Brad Bell" ... sure feels like it at times. But then you have folks who can't be patient so it feels like we want instant gratification without waiting for it, but the inbetween is so flimsy ... 

• Members

Friday's episode was pretty good. A lot happened between John listening to the recording, Abe getting shot, Jake getting arrested, and everything with Marlena. I'm enjoying John right now. I'm also glad that Abe is getting so much story lately and that they're doing something for his anniversary. We know darn well that Abe isn't dying though, haha.

Paulina and Lani just waltzing into the room while Abe is being operated on. Yeah okay. LOL. I also love how the mayor gets shot in the chest and they only have three people working on him.

This mobster guy is so laughable. LOL at how he just scurried away from Gabi. Her face says it all.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Today's episode was great.

I thought the tribute to Abe was very well done. I really enjoyed the flashbacks and that Abe was able to see Lexie. Too bad it wasn't Renee Jones though. My guess is they asked her but she said no.

I did also enjoy the fight between John and MarDevil, though it did reek of no budget. And I thought it was very clever that they had the devil reveal that he had been trying to come back and repossess Marlena over the years

• Members

I wasn't a big fan of the Abe stuff.  If you can't get Renee Jones maybe they should have gone with a different idea for Abe's anniversary.  Watching Lexie from the neck down was distracting lol.  Also, Julie being the one to narrate Abe's 40 years was odd.  It would have made more sense for Roman to be at the hospital and talk about it.   Abe/Julie aren't even close.  It was a nice gesture regardless on Days part.

I thought the John/Marlena stuff was incredibly cheesy, but it was entertaining.   Since I don't have much fondness for the OG Possession my expectations are low and I did appreciate the Devil explaining how/why he possessed Marlena again and how often he's been trying.