Days of Our Lives: October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

It would have made so much more sense for Johnny to already be making his film (a student film, not a real movie with this cast he’s using), and all that stirs up Marlena.  Maybe have her sit on that stupid bench and have flashbacks of Roman and Sami’s reactions to the affair.  No Possession flashbacks, just the early emotional part, they could even just use the voiceovers so we don’t have to see fake Roman mumble his way through fake flashbacks.  Then Doug starts having his issues, and her memories morph to maybe hearing Stefano’s voice as a red herring.  Then we can fast forward to where we kind of are now.

It’s my biggest pet peeve with the soaps since the mid 2000’s- they keep forgetting that anticipation and building story leads to the climax.  The only reason Ron did this with Robin was because Kimberly wouldn’t return for longer than a few appearances here and there to keep the story going.  He always skips ahead inning stories like this and then it always feels like a scramble to pull it off.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This

You also could have added in Johnny getting his funding from 'mystery sources' which could/could not lead somewhere.

The story structure is very flimsy. It's like we're seeing the idea come together on screen instead of on the page at times. Like this movie story. 

The movie aspect is a good idea to stir up these memories and open that door again but the setup was terrible.

Ron's not invested in the 'movie aspect'. It's merely a backdrop to play out his history-baiting.

Whether by choice, or lack there-of, he misses a lot of opportunities to tell even a slightly better story. The Possession 2.0 stands out as 'great' because the rest of the show is so hollow.

Right?

Matt Cedeno likely wouldn't say no IMO. I'm really surprised Ron hasn't brought him back truthfully. He loves randomly bringing folks back (a thing I like about him I guess).

Brandon should be finding a washed up Sarah on some beach ...

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Right?

Brandon's been mentioned. It's not like he's forgotten. He's mentioned more now than was for quite a while.

It also would have made sense to have Brandon come back in replacement of Eric (and Rafe). Could also play him with Sami, causing a temporary bump in the Lumi reunion.

The more I write the more it makes sense for Brandon to be here, honestly.

I'd rather have random Brandon visits than Rex ...

Edited by KMan101

• Administrator

Same here.  Marlena was possessed on a Monday and John finds out on a Friday.  Who's writing this? Brad Bell? LOL

Johnny's movie being the beginning of Possession 2.0 is a great idea.  Have bad things happen on set.  Maybe someone is killed, or a couple of people.  Turn it into a little bit of a murder mystery.  Maybe the mystery backer of the film is Stefano (he's still alive on the show, right? He wasn't killed off?), which would be a red herring - we only see the body but never his voice and we only see his henchmen talk to him.  And you know what would've been the perfect time to reveal the devil as the killer/mystery backer?  The Olympic cliffhanger.  Then you use those two weeks to promote that the devil is back in Salem.   

• Members

The Steve/Stefano story was BAD and I mean bad. I was happy to have SN back on the show, but yikes. The accent he was using was horrendous.

I think with Joe Mascolo gone, we can assume that Stefano is really dead. 

I haven't even watched the last two episodes because I saw that it's Cin and Gabi/Jake crap. I just have no motivation to turn on the show on those days.