General Hospital October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think that Nikolas and Spencer had some really nice moments in the past when Spencer was a little boy. I thought that the storyline where Spencer got burned was a emotional storyline for both of them where it was shown that Nik did care about Spencer. And they had nice moments where even though Spencer was a bit spoiled and extra lol, Nik genuinely seemed to love him. Unfortunately, I think Nikolas has really gone downhill since then, particularly this version of him. 

IMO, this version that is obsessed with all things Ava acts weak, dumb and is very negligent/dismissive of his son. I think that he acts like a simp, and it's unfortunate to see. Heck, Sonny can see it and pretty much told Spencer it would be best to accept that this is just the way Nik is, especially with Ava and advised him to be his own man. I appreciated Spencer standing up to Nikolas today and basically letting him know he won't be Ava's lapdog, even if that what Nik wants to be. 

I think he's going to try and go more of his own way and try and be more independent. There is a potential spoiler out there that says Spencer:

Please register in order to view this content

I think that may be from SOD. Someone who usually posts stuff from mags and other scoops on Twitter, posted it. While that's not what he originally wanted to do, he probably thinks that is currently preferable to him dealing with Nik/Ava. (And it might be another step he can take in getting underneath from Nik and his toxic relationship with him.) Nik/Ava seem to think that the biggest problem with him is money and not Nik's egregious abandonment/ negligence of him. When it came to the stalking situation, Spencer did not really use money to hurt them, nor did he attack them financially. But they seem to think the best way to deal with him is use money to control him.  They don't understand him because they don't really listen/or act like they care about him much.

There is also another spoiler that says that:

I wonder if he learns something about Nik's role in Hayden's shooting and tries and uses that to his advantage. Or maybe finds out something about Victor.

Edited by xtr

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Phyllis talking about going back to Nixon Falls. Sonny, stop this woman! Buy her that pub.

LOL at Spencer's public defender. Poor guy is going to spend life in prison.

Please register in order to view this content

Esme looks really cute with her hair in a ponytail but what the hell is she wearing? LOL, Sonny has no use for Esme. Also, does anyone believe that she actually has a trust fund? Spencer's the one having an arraignment and she's all "what about meeee?" Spencer is her meal ticket and a means to a lavish lifestyle.

Ava is in control of Spencer's trust fund Nik, you fool.

The Willow/Carly scenes were booooooring. LOL at Carly saying that Nina doesn't respect boundaries.

• Members

Yeah, they pick and choose what they want to call acceptable. And some of the stuff they allow is worse than the stuff that they don't. And I believe some of that is because they have their biases when it comes to certain characters. I remember on the Y&R board people weren't allowed to say Lowla for a nickname for Lola, but people were able to get away with saying stuff like STD Summer for Summer. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

They banned me over there for asking how to contact a long time member who was leaving on their own terms.

I don’t miss the place one bit. Seems like it’s gotten even crazier since then. 

Now about GH. Today’s was boring other than the..wait what..I can’t remember what wasn’t boring. Damn, they need new writers.

Edited by Ryan Chamberlain

• Members

I feel like every single time a head writer or head writing team begins to draw back the mob (a.k.a Sonny Corinthos), TPTB at Disney-ABC draws them back in. And, I get it, but the Quartermaines and the hospital should be the main pull. As for Austin... I think, had they cast someone else, the role would work much better and hold court. But Roger Howarth is not it.

I miss Lenny, too, but without killing him off and burning the Tan-O down, then I don't think Phyllis would be in Port Charles right now. I also think there should be some kind of connection between Epiphany and Phyllis, a-la going to medical school together, etc.

• Members

I think Spencer working at Kelly’s is a fantastic idea, and harkens back to some of my favorite eras of the show.  If it happens.

Back in the day, the terrible parenting of Nikolas mixed with Spencer’s issues would be rife for soap storytelling.  It’s actually kind of complex- especially if you add in Laura not raising him.  Three generations of family trauma with many angles to explore.  I wish this team was up for something that psychological.

• Members

It could be so good! Thinking back to when Nikolas first came on the show, and all the deep family issues that unveiled for both the Spencers and the Cassadines. And this show has a young actor capable of handling a complex intense storyline. Not holding my breath though. 

• Members

I continue to enjoy CS as Victor and I liked his scenes with Robert today. I thought they had nice chemistry together, and I thought it was amusing when Robert called him Vicky, lol. It's interesting that he's trying to get immunity. I am looking forward to seeing him interact with more people, including possibly Spencer. They had Spencer's scenes with his case, follow very closely behind Victor's today. I think those two could be entertaining together if they get a chance to interact. I was glad to see Laura/Kevin support Spencer and it will be interesting to see what happens with him regarding his trial. He originally wanted to plead guilty or no contest but Ava's presence caused him to make a different decision.

They had Cam/Joss/and Esme all agreeing he should go along with what Nik/Ava wanted. I also think it was interesting how Ava seemed to think that Spencer had roped Esme into his schemes, and she was just mostly following him along.  I wonder if Ava truly believes that or if she knows that there is something really wrong with Esme. It kind of seemed like she felt that Spencer was the one mainly influencing Esme and not the other way around. She may genuinely believe that Spencer is worse than Esme. If so, I could see that being a miscalculation and coming back to bite her/Nik later on.

I also liked seeing how Michael was handling things with Nina. I think it makes him more interesting. A lot of people on Twitter don't like it and were questioning if she could really be charged with anything. But this is a soap and they can pretty much do what they want when it comes to several things. I wonder how they will explain what the charges are that being levied against her.  Even though people are mad at her, she still could be held accountable more and by more people. Like Ava who doesn't seem to have any problem with her letting Avery think her father was dead. She's too busy trying to match make her and Sonny (though I like them together) and agitating Spencer, to care about something like that. And it's strange.

• Members

That's true on 'getting Phyllis to Port Charles'. 

While very very mob heavy during the Guza/Phelps years I could still say they 'wrote for the hospital'. The Q's, not so much. They were expendable. 

I feel like a balance could be reached between 'the mob', the hospital and The Q's. Claire Labine did a fairly good job, though heavy in different ways so that exhausted people.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Michael and Willow were actually interesting to watch today lol 

The chemistry is still there between Jason and Britt. I'm not saying that they didn't drop the ball on Sonny's return, but I do kind of like the route that the show is taking with the two of them.

• Members

I thought that Michael was interesting today. I'm not going to lie I was with him taking charge when he was talking about going after Nina, lol. Though, I like her and her/Sonny together. A lot of people on places like Twitter are questioning if he can really go after he with these charges and if they'll stick. But I mainly liked seeing him do something different outside of just moon over Willow. 

Edited by xtr